IGNORED

Sam's Brighton Interview

Chalkie

Exactly.

I don't understand the fuss.

He took a gamble to further his career...it didn't pay off.

He obviously couldn't afford to let the gamble roll on any longer by waiting to see if BCFC would return to the champ. Fair play to him and his services - I think on balance we got our money's worth.

Interviews are interviews. I don't see anything there of any concern.

If anything it's pretty thick to assume he's wrong. That team was capable of staying up, there's a reason it didn't.

Poor defending and the amount of one on ones he missed, both factors.

Good luck o him at Brighton, I think it's about his level.

The last couple of games he's not looked that bright on Saturday against Rochdale he was anonymous apart from a few nice touches.

With Aggard and Jet we have two very scary, powerful players that will create a lot of space just by being on the field, we needed a different option and I think we have an exciting season to look forward to.

Aggard can play the Baldock role but more importantly he can run at pace from deep with the ball and has the added intelligence of getting behind the last man.

.........and then there's JET.

I wish Sam all the best but remain confident that we can rip this league to pieces

Ps wtf was wrong with Cunningham on Saturday.....

What most of you don't realise (and doubtless never will, termination clauses preventing such truths appearing in the ghosted biogs) is that's as diplomatic an answer as SB could give. Which only goes to show he is as professional off the pitch as he was on it.

I think that is just about spot on.

I am sure it was not the case, but even if SB did feel that he wanted to criticise the team and/or his former teammates, he would not be allowed to do so for contractual reasons.

God there are a lot of moronic replies in this thread.

The low point and the bad dressing room = THE CHAMPIONSHIP RELEGATION SEASON

The praise for the best time = LAST SEASON

His time at Bristol City was therefore his worst and best time of his career. Baldock has acquitted himself well, unlike those on here (not the voices of reason above) who don't display even a modicum of ability in critical thinking.

It just p**ses me off a bit when footballers seem to think that we're all as thick as they are (rash generalisation I know!!)

"Great bunch of lads " etc for the Bristol Post, "low point of my career" for the Brighton Argus.

And on the same day though

In Brighton the locals call the Argus "The Ragus love to ignite" on account of its liberal attitude to the truth and it's lively readers' letters page

He's talking about different times in his career at BCFC, when he arrived and when he left. Anyone can see the difference between the squad in the two years he was with us. I don't understand why people are getting offended. He's just describing the situation that we all know existed

Well said, at least someone can piece it together - read other things about SOD and SC - he says it was the best of his career.

Well said, at least someone can piece it together - read other things about SOD and SC - he says it was the best of his career.

Yes there are interviews about him being eternally grateful to both SOD and SC and how they helped him, showed faith in him by giving him the captaincy etc.

Things didn't materialise that first season due to first of all player power by playing so poorly when they were fully capable of better, second half of the season a number of players were pretty set on leaving, just didn't bother and were a disgrace to the shirt.

Good luck to Sam, hope he does well at Brighton.

I think the quotes in the Brighton paper are about when he joined the club in the championship, when everyone knows the club was a mess and it seemed like we had no team spirit whatsoever.

While I think the quotes he gave the EP are about the club at the moment when he says what a tight knit group the players are and how he was enjoying his football here.

That's how I've read it anyway!

Correct. He's talking about when he signed and his first season , not now .

I think that is just about spot on.

I am sure it was not the case, but even if SB did feel that he wanted to criticise the team and/or his former teammates, he would not be allowed to do so for contractual reasons.

There was no criticism. SB was making an oblique reference to the situation in which he found himself - the type of stuff that only exists in football and wouldn't be tolerated in any other industry. He makes reference, post managerial and board changes that coincided with an upturn in our on-field performances (who'd have thunk(sic) it, ) to the fact he enjoyed a purple patch in his career. His move is simply a trade off of what's good for the club and possibly good for him. The money City were offered (and may receive,) was too good to turn down. Fans hereabouts seem to forget that in this case unless City wish to sell and grant him permission to engage with another club (or their agents) he's forbidden to do so.

He should have said "I didn't want to leave England's greatest football club Bristol City but Hyypiaa had a gun to my head and threatened to kill me and my family if I didn't sign. It's gonna be tough to turn my back on the most passionate and good looking fans in all of the world but what choice did I have?"

But instead he has praised his new club Brighton and said he didn't enjoy getting relegated with us! Fickle bastard.

....the dog abuse Maynard got when this situation is very much the same, is laughable.

Save it wasn't . Club, as they were obliged to, supported Maynard throughout his long periods of injury and though not legally obligated to make reparation it would have been nice to think he morally felt the need to pay something back. As was he's the type of bloke who had eyes only for what he could get, for what best suited him and sod those who'd supported him. That his career went down the pan and injury upon injury followed, some might suggest he got what he deserved.

Archived