IGNORED

Hireright Building Bar

foghornred

http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/guide-to-ashton-gate/around-the-ground/

Seems that the Hireright building is going to be a bar and food outlet for rugby so why not for city games ?

Well they seem to have made themselves right at home don't they! The Scrum Lounge and the Fullbacks Bar? Anyone feel like their Missus has just ushered her fancy man in through the back door and hoped you don't notice he's tucked into your beer?

This is where clever stadium internals come in like Brighton, they have removable boards etc for the away end so they can tailor it to the visiting team.

You can easily do this in both the home and away ends allowing everything to be renamed depending on what sport is being played.

Well they seem to have made themselves right at home don't they! The Scrum Lounge and the Fullbacks Bar? Anyone feel like their Missus has just ushered her fancy man in through the back door and hoped you don't notice he's tucked into your beer?

I'm fine with it, good move financially for City and a good move for Bristol RFC, the only one it's bad for is BRFC which pleases me greatly!!

Especially galling if she's never ushered you through the back door in all those years of married life! :shocking:

Yes but surely there is nothing to stop city fans drinking there on rugby days?

Ha! They didn't think of that one. Got 'em.

You may jest but can you think of any other law that is written in terms of the type of person i.e. a dirty hooligan football fan?

If this was couched in terms of race, gender or sexuality, we'd be rioting ...

Rioting! we'd be revolting, especially to the rugger lot. I honestly don't know how this law has never been challenged. Amazing really, we can do nothing about getting rid of hate preachers or stopping criminals entering our country and a raft of other laws which shackle our country's ability to act for it's own benefit but, you want to stop ordinary folk having a pint at a football match and anything is possible. One law for the rich and another for the plebs.

"Fullbacks Bar" we have full backs in footy ! ,

I'm sure Rovers have a "Scum " lounge.

What's not to like .

Easily renamed the bars after each format. Velcro pop on pop off signage for rugby and then football.  Keeps everyone happy!

MM

How the hell people could fight in there was beyond me,you couldn't see you hand infront of your face most of the time,what were they smoking?

You didn't need to smoke, just inhale the fumes!

Looking back, talk about a fire trap. One flight of steep stairs for about 300 drunk/drugged partygoers.

Still got my blue admission card somewhere. Great times, a few Newcastle Browns from the off licence, trawl of the bars in Clifton, Cotham then hit The Dug Out til the early hours.

Archived