IGNORED

Wembley

Monkeh

Very good read from the telegraph today suggesting the FA sell wembley,

I think it makes some very good points myself and I would like England to travel around the country again (like when this ground was being built) I thought it made better atmospheres etc,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/11070715/England-v-Norway-FA-should-sell-Wembley-its-ruinously-expensive-beacon-of-failure.html

Agree the national team should always play at the national stadium.

Whether anyone really gives a toss about them anymore is another matter. I lost interest years ago.

Because you can dream of England winning the world cup, I always can and always will, every disappointment is somehow matched by something positive. Much like being a City supporter and waiting for the Premier League. Which will happen first though is beyond anyone's imagination. 

Wembley should be kept for full England games, not Friendlies unless they can be sure to fill it, eg against Scotland or something.

Also, only use it for cup finals, not semi's that really annoys me. Use it for the playoffs, I was going to say only Championship and league one, but to be fair to the littlest teams they should get a chance too.

Because you can dream of England winning the world cup, I always can and always will, every disappointment is somehow matched by something positive. Much like being a City supporter and waiting for the Premier League. Which will happen first though is beyond anyone's imagination.

I used to be like you when it came to England, loads of optimism and excitement for major tournaments.

But the sad reality is that England games, including friendlies, haven't brought a smile to my face since the 5-1 over Germany.

The difference is City have a chance of achieving something in any given season. The Prem has ensured the England team will never achieve anything. Not in what's left of my lifetime anyway.

What's the point of tonight's freindly in front of 35k?

Much better to have had it at Anfield, St James etc and filled the place

Exactly, if it had to be in London then Upton Park or White Hart Lane would've been perfect and a full house. Instead it'll be like a ghost town tonight. 

Very good read from the telegraph today suggesting the FA sell wembley,

I think it makes some very good points myself and I would like England to travel around the country again (like when this ground was being built) I thought it made better atmospheres etc,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/11070715/England-v-Norway-FA-should-sell-Wembley-its-ruinously-expensive-beacon-of-failure.html

Agreed. Personally, I don't like Wembley and it makes much more sense to move the team around the country.

I'd agree that qualifiers should be played at Wembley for definite, however friendlies..not so much, give everyone around the country to watch the national team live

Old Trafford, Anfield, St James', Elland Road, Stadium of light, Ethiad, Villa Park all capable of holding games, St Mary's for small games maybe.

Just given up watching. So bland especially with the sponsors being betting, fast food, crap cars and terrible lager.  Imagine England need a win at home to qualify - play it somewhere like Millwall or Burnley.  Atmosphere would be electric.  Wembley - no chance.  And I see that those pitch side hoardings are already in full flow trying to push England (is it?) San Marino tickets??  Fools and their money are easily parted .. Somebody who went this evening please explain why.  It's madness .. 

Or an NFL franchise looking for a London base...

wasn't there supposed to be a team thinking of doing exactly that? The Jaguars or something?

On the subject of the England national side, I was in a pub tonight, playing pool with me mate, thats normally bursting with people whenever they play. There were only about 3 other people in the pub and 2 of them were more interested in our pool game!

In all honesty, if England are on, I'll watch it or at least pay most of my attention to it but I really dont think I watched more than 5 minutes and I cant tell you the score.

People are losing interest (including myself) in games like these and something needs to change for it to be better

Just given up watching. So bland especially with the sponsors being betting, fast food, crap cars and terrible lager.  Imagine England need a win at home to qualify - play it somewhere like Millwall or Burnley.  Atmosphere would be electric.  Wembley - no chance.  And I see that those pitch side hoardings are already in full flow trying to push England (is it?) San Marino tickets??  Fools and their money are easily parted .. Somebody who went this evening please explain why.  It's madness ..

I went tonight with my daughter and since Germany 2006 I've missed 2 or 3 home games and been to most of the away.

Why?

It's a fair point you make but to answer your question, I love football and I love my country, and at this moment in time I can afford to do it in money if not in time.

Would be better if the players actually gave a **** like the days of Moore then Keegan then Robson but it is what it is and at the end of the day it's our country, England.

Following England is much like following City, interest has waned due to a poor recent history but the good times when they return will be all the more rewarding for it.

Archived