IGNORED

Herbalife.....pyramid Scheme.

E.J.Thribb

Yes your right. By more food I meant calorie intake. On the subject of calories they are over emphasised. People focus so much on their calorie intake that they forget all about vitamins and minerals etc.

Calorie intake is important. I'm part of the body building athletic side of things. Calorie counting or known to athletes as macros are essential day to day. As long as we hit our 'macros' daily everything is hunky dory.

Each day I consume around 190g of protein and around 55g of fats . My carb intake changes every 3 days to keep the body in shock of what I am putting in.

On a low carb day I consume around 2200 calories, moderate carb day is around 2500 and heavy carb day is around 2700.

By doing this you can fit in cheat meals and it will not effect the input you put into your training.

I normally save cheat meals on a heavy carb day. Which I may do once a week. Come dinner I may have already consumed around 2100 calories. So I have around 600 calories left to consume for the day. In which case I may fancy a pizza. I'll look at the macros and do the maths. 1/4 of a pizza could equal around 220 calories. So I'll have 3 slices and then I've pretty much hit my macro intake for the day.

Protein= 4 calories per gram 

Carbs= 4 calories per gram

Fats= 9 calories per gram

Calorie intake is important. I'm part of the body building athletic side of things. Calorie counting or known to athletes as macros are essential day to day. As long as we hit our 'macros' daily everything is hunky dory.

Each day I consume around 190g of protein and around 55g of fats . My carb intake changes every 3 days to keep the body in shock of what I am putting in.

On a low carb day I consume around 2200 calories, moderate carb day is around 2500 and heavy carb day is around 2700.

By doing this you can fit in cheat meals and it will not effect the input you put into your training.

I normally save cheat meals on a heavy carb day. Which I may do once a week. Come dinner I may have already consumed around 2100 calories. So I have around 600 calories left to consume for the day. In which case I may fancy a pizza. I'll look at the macros and do the maths. 1/4 of a pizza could equal around 220 calories. So I'll have 3 slices and then I've pretty much hit my macro intake for the day.

Protein= 4 calories per gram 

Carbs= 4 calories per gram

Fats= 9 calories per gram

If your biggest intake day is 2,700 cals you must be one of the smallest BB's ever know.

Do you even lift?

:yawn:  ;)

If your biggest intake day is 2,700 cals you must be one of the smallest BB's ever know.

Do you even lift?

:yawn:  ;)

Of course. I don't train to become Mr Olympia. I work more on the athlete side of training. My calorie intake is perfect for me as I can complete 2 HIT training sessions a day without burning away any muscle. 

Of course. I don't train to become Mr Olympia. I work more on the athlete side of training. My calorie intake is perfect for me as I can complete 2 HIT training sessions a day without burning away any muscle. 

Fair enough. My intake isn't too high to be fair, bollocks metabolism for starters.

What are your lifts like in the big 3? Minus the optional +20% for internet disclosure.

Fair enough. My intake isn't too high to be fair, bollocks metabolism for starters.

What are your lifts like in the big 3? Minus the optional +20% for internet disclosure.

If the 3 lifts you mention are squats, deadlift and bench press, then the following:

Squats: I can probably do around 100kg

Deadlift: Around 140kg

Bench Press: 90kg

Depends on how many sets and reps I go for.

Also with squats I change my form from toes straight to an athletic stance. Then depends if it's a parallel or ATG rep. 

Deadlifts I do around 5x5 at the moment going on 140kg. 

Bench Press: I haven't done a flat bench barbell press in a while and last time was doing 90kg.

How about you pal?

If the 3 lifts you mention are squats, deadlift and bench press, then the following:

Squats: I can probably do around 100kg

Deadlift: Around 140kg

Bench Press: 90kg

Depends on how many sets and reps I go for.

Also with squats I change my form from toes straight to an athletic stance. Then depends if it's a parallel or ATG rep. 

Deadlifts I do around 5x5 at the moment going on 140kg. 

Bench Press: I haven't done a flat bench barbell press in a while and last time was doing 90kg.

How about you pal?

Typed out a bloody reply and computer crashed.

New to squats so my figures are less balanced. Up to 115 5x5, increasing 5kg each week at the moment. Bulking season, first in a while so expect strength to grow in line with the added insulation.

I only DL with FatGripz for now, love em, up to 130 5x5 although my best raw lift was about 180 for reps about 18 months ago. Back issues so limited heavy DL.

I don't do flat BB bench as never got on with it, DB incline now is 48kg with the Gripz (3x8), more like 55kg without. Again these should go up the next 6 months and I'd love to get a 60kg DB press for reps done.

Typed out a bloody reply and computer crashed.

New to squats so my figures are less balanced. Up to 115 5x5, increasing 5kg each week at the moment. Bulking season, first in a while so expect strength to grow in line with the added insulation.

I only DL with FatGripz for now, love em, up to 130 5x5 although my best raw lift was about 180 for reps about 18 months ago. Back issues so limited heavy DL.

I don't do flat BB bench as never got on with it, DB incline now is 48kg with the Gripz (3x8), more like 55kg without. Again these should go up the next 6 months and I'd love to get a 60kg DB press for reps done.

Would be important to do DL as this works your lower back. Depends on where the issues are though I suppose. The rest of your body can get a little bit too heavy for your lower back to carry. Thus exercises like DL are important. 

I'm having problems with my lower back at the moment so it's important I constantly work the lower back and stretch out my glutes and hamstrings. 9 times out of 10 this solves my back problems.

Archived