IGNORED

Wes Burns

Gillies Downs Leeds

Wouldn't mind sending him and bobby to join wynter at Cheltenham. Good place to get games only in the league below and would be good to keep them together

We'd be one injury away from not being able to field a full subs bench if we did that.

Especially as you can't recall an outfield player in the first month of a loan.

He looked calm and composed on the ball, showed what we already know he is capable of running at teams and has always done pretty well up front for wales any time he has played. It would still be seen as a gamble to play him upfront for city but I really think he should be given a chance there coming off the bench before Christmas and then maybe find him a club for a one or 2 month loan at the top end of league 2 where they are going to guarentee him games up top and see how it goes, the lad is still only 19 I believe and from what I have seen of him game time maybe the only thing he really needs to become a main part of our strikeforce

I think now is the time to start giving him 15 minutes here, 20 minutes there in games. If he can't influence a League 1 game yet then we ship him out on loan for a few months to get some game time, but we'll never know whether he's going to make it unless he gets some time on the pitch. As I've said elsewhere, I'd much rather we give Wes or Marley Bishop a go than got a Championship or Prem youngster in to take their place on the bench.

What an amazing jump to get the header!

This guy needs games and needs them now- whether its for us or on loan. If his ability is as good as many of us think then it's up to SC to ensure he's getting regular League games somewhere. It will be interesting to see if BCFC has learnt from past mistakes with academy products.

The goal that Wes scored was out of the top drawer - a towering header. He also seemed to lead the line very well and showed some neat touches. As a club we don't have a good track record for bringing through youngsters and seeing them shine in the first team meanwhile teams like Sheffield United seem to unearth gems, watch them develop then sell them on for big money.

Sending our talent out to Cheltenham et al is all very well provided we have a plan to do something with them upon their return. Too often it appears that we have no development plan in place for our young talent.

I'd prefer Wes to be told by Cotts that he will be our fourth striker this season to take away the speculation and stick him in the team when the need arises. City should develop Wes, not Cheltenham. We have a vacancy, let him fill it and as supporters, let's get right behind him

Made a big impact from the bench last season playing wide right. Don't think we've seen him as a striker yet, which I believe is his favored position. Would like to see him get a few opportunities up front.

Like others have said i think he needs to go out on loan and play 20+ games as a striker and see how he gets on.

I rate Wes but i wouldn't put him in our starting eleven until he has play well consistently 

Does Cotterill intend to use Wes as a winger? I always felt he'd be better off as a striker - as a point of comparison, I never understood why Wenger prefers Walcott out wide when he always looks more useful up top. I hope Wes starts getting more game time than he has in the first five games - Sam leaving could be a blessing in that regard.

Also good to see Joe Morrell leading the Welsh U19's well with two assists.

What an amazing jump to get the header!

This guy needs games and needs them now- whether its for us or on loan. If his ability is as good as many of us think then it's up to SC to ensure he's getting regular League games somewhere. It will be interesting to see if BCFC has learnt from past mistakes with academy products.

I remember Chris Garland scoring one like that against

THE GAS

Archived