IGNORED

Spy In The Camp!

The Exiled Robin

Hi all,

I was approached by the S****horpe Telegraph to give a bit of a view on City, their start to the season, how Baldock's move will affect us and more. Here it is.

http://exiledrobin.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/s****horpe-telegraph-spy-in-camp.html

As ever, appreciate all views, comments and shares!

Good read as ever ER, but not sure you made clear how much SC's decision to tweak Baldock's position and move him out wide played in him recapturing his confidence and scoring form.

And of course SL is far from a 'lifelong fan', we have JL to thank for his belated interest in Bristol City.

Thanks for comment.  Yes, fair point on SL, guess it's easy to forget sometimes.

I didn't necessarily see that move from Cotterill last season? Baldock would pull wide naturally, and in fact did play there a few times the season before under SOD, but I didn't recognise an official tactical switch that often?

An interesting read but, why on earth should we be giving our next opponents an insight into our strengths and weaknesses> I know there is information on the web through Pro team or whatever it's called but that's only facts, it doesn't cover the inside info about the fans getting edgy, or the keeper flapping at crosses or slow in certain areas. I wouldn't tell them anything they can use to their advantage, not a sausage.

An interesting read but, why on earth should we be giving our next opponents an insight into our strengths and weaknesses> I know there is information on the web through Pro team or whatever it's called but that's only facts, it doesn't cover the inside info about the fans getting edgy, or the keeper flapping at crosses or slow in certain areas. I wouldn't tell them anything they can use to their advantage, not a sausage.

I'd be even more confident of our chances today if S****horpe's management team feel the need to read fan-written articles about the opposition team ;). Good read btw.

Rich, there's these things called scouts...

Thanks for comment.  Yes, fair point on SL, guess it's easy to forget sometimes.

I didn't necessarily see that move from Cotterill last season? Baldock would pull wide naturally, and in fact did play there a few times the season before under SOD, but I didn't recognise an official tactical switch that often?

It was a definite tactical switch by SC soon after he came in and was well publicised at the time.

I'd be even more confident of our chances today if S****horpe's management team feel the need to read fan-written articles about the opposition team ;). Good read btw.

I don't see the need to give the opposition anything at all, whether they use it, need it, or not.

****em.

Are there?

These scouts see every game, experience all the foibles and pick up on all the weaknesses which obviously occur every game?

If it takes a City fan writing articles in the S****horpe press to make them aware that we have a flappy keeper, I'm pretty confident we can get a result!

If it takes a City fan writing articles in the S****horpe press to make them aware that we have a flappy keeper, I'm pretty confident we can get a result!

Obviously, unless they decide to just pump high ball after high ball and see if he gets nervous, along with the crowd and then the team.

In the past, various people purporting to be fans of our next opposition have enquired about our strengths and weaknesses. Idiots have responded on the post and given all sorts of insights into our team members, highlighting little and big weaknesses which can all be used against us, it is stupid to give them anything, why do it, what advantage can our club get?

It was a definite tactical switch by SC soon after he came in and was well publicised at the time.

I agree, but when I brought this up at the Fans Advisory Network meeting, SC more or less denied playing SB out wide which I couldn't understand.

Obviously, unless they decide to just pump high ball after high ball and see if he gets nervous, along with the crowd and then the team.

In the past, various people purporting to be fans of our next opposition have enquired about our strengths and weaknesses. Idiots have responded on the post and given all sorts of insights into our team members, highlighting little and big weaknesses which can all be used against us, it is stupid to give them anything, why do it, what advantage can our club get?

Not being funny but do you seriously think it takes a fan telling them our keeper is less than convincing for them to know that?

They will have watched DVDs of our games this week and already made their tactical preparations including identifying our strengths and weaknesses. If their match preparation consists of pinning their tactical decisions on the opinion of one City fan then I don't think you need to worry about it.

We've conceded in all of our wins - they'll be aware we are vulnerable defensively and look to exploit it no doubt, but it won't be because a fan said our keeper is flappy to the local rag.

Not being funny but do you seriously think it takes a fan telling them our keeper is less than convincing for them to know that?

They will have watched DVDs of our games this week and already made their tactical preparations including identifying our strengths and weaknesses. If their match preparation consists of pinning their tactical decisions on the opinion of one City fan then I don't think you need to worry about it.

We've conceded in all of our wins - they'll be aware we are vulnerable defensively and look to exploit it no doubt, but it won't be because a fan said our keeper is flappy to the local rag.

No I don't think that. What I refer to is a collective of information, not one specific thing, you are highlighting one point and I've used the plural. If for instance there was something the scouts hadn't picked up on, and the management team were informed of something specific, do you think they wouldn't look at it? I'm not stupid, It's very likely they'll have a good dossier on the opposition but why endorse it?

I thought it was a good attempt of double bluff by ER. Seems someone put a spoke in the wheel! Nice try ER, Keep up the good work.

No I don't think that. What I refer to is a collective of information, not one specific thing, you are highlighting one point and I've used the plural. If for instance there was something the scouts hadn't picked up on, and the management team were informed of something specific, do you think they wouldn't look at it? I'm not stupid, It's very likely they'll have a good dossier on the opposition but why endorse it?

Because we don't live in North Korea and talk freely about our teams?

To further your, frankly ludicrous, point Rich, why would they read one interview when they could browse this forum for all the insight they need into our deficiencies?

Should everyone just stop posting about anything tactical on here or better yet shut the entire forum just to be safe?

Thank you for being so frank. You haven't read or understood my posts, I'm not referring to one interview, I refer to the times when the opposition put a post on our site asking us to tell them about our strengths and weaknesses and idiots post all sorts of information about our team prior to a match. They would otherwise have to read the whole forum to see any references about the team or certain players to gain that information. If it's condensed into one topic they don't have to.

If you're happy for that to happen and the opposition gain even the tiniest bit more info then I'm very happy for you, frankly I find that ludicrous.

Because we don't live in North Korea and talk freely about our teams?

Perhaps you'd like to form your own dossier. You could highlight what we as fans know about our players that might not come out in a video, or a scouts report. You could tell them about how the fans get on certain players backs if they do something wrong. You could tell them the way the team and supporters like to play the second half, about players carrying knocks or who works well together. When it's complete you could hand deliver it to the opposition manager, about Wednesday would do nicely. After all, we talk freely about our teams, because this isn't North Korea.

Archived