IGNORED

Not Good Enough

Welcome To The Jungle

Sorry the minutes didn't work in the second half. There was a connectivity issue, where we tried to restart the clock but the Bluetooth connection didn't respond. By the time we re-established the connection it was too late so we just left it as it was. Hopefully we'll iron that out for the next game. As compensation, all supporters can have a hundred food vouchers each, but they need to be claimed by 7 minutes past 8 tonight ;-)

Oh you are a wag Dave, ever thought about doing it for a living

Any chance of putting it where every supporter can see it?! Not fussed on the score as i think i can remember that, just interested in the minutes, especially in the nervy final few!!

Totally agree it's in the wrong place. Stated on other threads.

There is more to football than the scoreboard. I tend to watch the game rather than the scoreboard.

Of course it's very helpful to have a working scoreboard but not essential.

I certainly would still go to the game if In advance I knew the scoreboard was faulty.

I wouldn't think " what's the point if the scoreboard is broken".

WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH

Sorry the minutes didn't work in the second half. There was a connectivity issue, where we tried to restart the clock but the Bluetooth connection didn't respond. By the time we re-established the connection it was too late so we just left it as it was. Hopefully we'll iron that out for the next game. As compensation, all supporters can have a hundred food vouchers each, but they need to be claimed by 7 minutes past 8 tonight ;-)

Anyone living in America that can still claim? Imagine all the bladder busting diet cokes you could get with 100 food vouchers. Dave L the work you do is excellent as always fighting our corner.

I should add that the last sentence is only only thing I've put on this thread that wasn't tongue in cheek. 

Any chance of putting it where every supporter can see it?! Not fussed on the score as i think i can remember that, just interested in the minutes, especially in the nervy final few!!

My thoughts, exactly. From Dolman Block B today, sideways on we struggled to read the time elapsed - which then stopped at half time - as we know.

Dave L - we realise this is a short term fix before we get what I expect to be big screens in the new AG showing the score (not that we really need reminding about that as nickolas says) but as he also said, time elapsed really matters to most of us -  particularly towards the end of the second half. 

And once again to echo this post - why not put the temporary electronic board in the middle of the Atyeo ?

Finally, to complete moaning, when actually I don't feel like complaints at all - after a great result today.

HOME + AWAY (on the scoreboard/time elapsed display) ?? Surely you can do better than that.

As Red Robbo said above. It looked like a cheap bargain bought at Argos.

We can do better than that.

I have a mechanism strapped to my wrist which is really amazing as by merely moving my wrist  by 45 degrees I can see both time and minutes and in this way I can accurately predict game time remaining.

I can keep accurate tally of whether we are winning or losing by the constant criticism from the moaners seated nearby whilst a sudden and large amount of noise accompanied with spectators cheering and clapping alerts me to the fact we have scored.

Note to Dave L : I do not require food vouchers as I prepare rocket and crayfish with lobster jus on rye prior to each and every match. Happy days.

I have a mechanism strapped to my wrist which is really amazing as by merely moving my wrist  by 45 degrees I can see both time and minutes and in this way I can accurately predict game time remaining.

I can keep accurate tally of whether we are winning or losing by the constant criticism from the moaners seated nearby whilst a sudden and large amount of noise accompanied with spectators cheering and clapping alerts me to the fact we have scored.

Note to Dave L : I do not require food vouchers as I prepare rocket and crayfish with lobster jus on rye prior to each and every match. Happy days.

I had one of these new fangled time pieces inserted in my garden but it's no good when the sun isn't out. I would imagine that if I had a miniature one strapped to my wrist and moved it by 45 degrees it would then tell a different time as its position in relation to the sun would've radically altered. Also the dial would probably poke my eye out and cast a shadow over the whole biz.

Why do you put lobster jus on?  Doesn't it make the rye a bit soggy?  And surely the taste is neither satisfactorily complementary or contrasting?  I would recommend either lemon mayo or perhaps mild aioli.

There is more to football than the scoreboard. I tend to watch the game rather than the scoreboard.

Of course it's very helpful to have a working scoreboard but not essential.

I certainly would still go to the game if In advance I knew the scoreboard was faulty.

I wouldn't think " what's the point if the scoreboard is broken".

Whoooooooooooooooooshhhhh

The rugger lot hate the scoreboard https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bristol-Rugby-Club/144086662180

Glad I'm not the only one outraged by this.

Can't tell if you're taking the piss.

Trust me, I'm no club apologist and me finding out we didn't win 45-0, some time after, did have a retrospectively negative impact on my match day experience. I just wish I'd made a 400 mile round trip, to be told that my pre-ordered tickets were not available for use, and that would have saved me this anti-climax.

Before the score board was put up on the old East End life was great! I could just imagine whatever score I wanted and wasn't restricted by such confinements of a score board having to inform me of anything. City won every game 10-0.

Back in reality, what with the scoring system in Rugby being as it is, I would imagine a fully functioning score board takes on actual importance.

Even as a 6 year old I could keep count in Football, as an adult it would be a burden in Rugby.

Take the point about time keeping but there's a clock in the corner of the Williams, most people also carry a mobile phone these days. A second half kicking off at 16:03 (for example) will end at 16:48 plus what that little dude with the whistle decides to add on for stoppages - announced by the PA.

You are taking the piss though, yeah?

Archived