IGNORED

Wynter's Loan Conditions

citywest30

What with us getting Cheltenham in the cup, I wondered if anybody knew if he'd be privvy to any inside information. When we had Caulker on loan he spent some time training with Spurs still. Anyone know if this is the case with any of our loans and in particular, Wynter. I assume he'll be ineligible to actually play.

What with us getting Cheltenham in the cup, I wondered if anybody knew if he'd be privvy to any inside information. When we had Caulker on loan he spent some time training with Spurs still. Anyone know if this is the case with any of our loans and in particular, Wynter. I assume he'll be ineligible to actually play.

His initial month loan expires before the JPT game, so no guarantee he'd be with them then anyway.

No chance he'd be allowed to play against us; in fact, if he has returned by then, I'd have seen that as the sort of fixture he'd be involved in for us.

Asides from that; a decent draw for us, I feel.  They'll be tough, but at least they are pretty much as local as it gets for an away fixture; good test for the second string.

And am I alone in hoping we perhaps advance a few rounds this year?  Give the squad a good work out, and good for fans, moral and bank balance.

Happened to catch Cheltenham's game at Morecambe yesterday as part of my Brother's attempt at the 92.

Kept an eye on Wynter who was playing right wingback.

He wasn't the worst player on the pitch by any means, but with 2 relatively well drilled teams he certainly never looked like unlocking anything on the right hand side. Had a fair amount of space for the most part as well, didn't really seem like he was willing to put a foot in when defending, having said that, the way the teams were organised he might have been under instructions to show his oppo inside at every turn. However kept possession well, even if he didn't often go at his man.

Not that I would expect him to be dictating play, I thought he played in the middle but looking at both teams central midfielders, they could play a bit but were really just big old cloggers! Not really Wynter's strong suit.

Both teams keepers looked very secure and I'm pretty sure both keepers belong at a higher lever too.

Archived