IGNORED

My Take On Today

NYTRAM

Sorry to start yet another thread mods if you want merge.

Anyway. My first game of the season after spending most of August in Lake Garda.

Firstly I was disappointed with the queues after only 4 turnstiles open in the Atyeo. Also scoreboard, totally wrong position needs moving back to the East end above the hoardings. I was looking forward to seeing shed man but only saw a parked digger. Thats the end of the moaning.

On to the game. I thought we were comfortable but not clinical until Gregs strike. This augers well as we did not seem to get out of second gear.

Onwards and upwards.

Attendance was more than the 12007 figure. I saw many ticket holders being let in through gates for varied reasons so turnstiles were not counting them.

Onto my final point. Being overweight and 50 I've decided to get out running. As I've done nothing for years I'm going to take it easy so as City scored 2 today I've been trundling around the village quarter in Portishead and managed 2 miles. So my aim is to match City's scorecount at least until I shed some pounds.

I'm now sat with a can of Thatchers so that didn't last long.

Looking forward to Doncaster.

COYR

• Admin

Sorry to start yet another thread mods if you want merge.

Anyway. My first game of the season after spending most of August in Lake Garda.

Firstly I was disappointed with the queues after only 4 turnstiles open in the Atyeo. Also scoreboard, totally wrong position needs moving back to the East end above the hoardings. I was looking forward to seeing shed man but only saw a parked digger. Thats the end of the moaning.

On to the game. I thought we were comfortable but not clinical until Gregs strike. This augers well as we did not seem to get out of second gear.

Onwards and upwards.

Attendance was more than the 12007 figure. I saw many ticket holders being let in through gates for varied reasons so turnstiles were not counting them.

Onto my final point. Being overweight and 50 I've decided to get out running. As I've done nothing for years I'm going to take it easy so as City scored 2 today I've been trundling around the village quarter in Portishead and managed 2 miles. So my aim is to match City's scorecount at least until I shed some pounds.

I'm now sat with a can of Thatchers so that didn't last long.

Looking forward to Doncaster.

COYR

The attendance announced is "tickets sold" so the turnstile count is not used in this regard. (ie absent ST holders will be include amongst the "attendance")

after spending most of August in Lake Garda.

That's unfortunate, sorry to hear that. Glad you made it out safely, were you rescued eventually by a passing boat?

Bet you're glad you had those swimming lessons as a young un.

Enjoy that cider, you deserve it.

Oh, and thanks for the match report.

Best of luck with the running, my only worry is that many city fans I have spoken to think that we are due to give someone a real hammering I just hope for you sake its not too many goals to turn into miles

He can always switch to metric and knock off any goals the opposition score.

Just wondering how many turnstiles you would like to see opened in the Atyeo, when it is physically possible to only open 4?

They need to start looking at temporary turnstiles through the exits. I can see games being delayed regularly. It will surely get worse as we get nearer to capacity.

They need to start looking at temporary turnstiles through the exits. I can see games being delayed regularly. It will surely get worse as we get nearer to capacity.

Or people might just think about arriving earlier, at least those who are able too.

I can't be the only person who has had to change my usual pre match habit of many years because of the building works and have done so to enable me to see the start of the game.

Or people might just think about arriving earlier, at least those who are able too.

I can't be the only person who has had to change my usual pre match habit of many years because of the building works and have done so to enable me to see the start of the game.

Unfortunately my plans can't change without incurring additional costs or having to wait around for an hour. Train gets to parsons street at 2:30ish, get to the ground for 2:45, missed the first 5 minutes because turnstiles are broke (was told by the steward the tickets arnt working properly, although mine worked fine).

Fortunately I too can change plans on Saturday. But not all are so lucky and especially myself for evening games. 4 turnstiles for 3k is not enough especially with scanners still having teething problems, again not from personal experience but the slowness others in front were moving through the turnstiles highlights it still isn't working as it should. Long sentence I know sorry.

speaking of ticketing issues, my Season card didn't work saturday and wouldn't work in the hand scanner too, the steward was fantastic with this so fair play to him,

I've been told to ring the club to replace my card but can't get through (been trying for an hour now) is anyone else having problems reaching the ticket office or am I just being unlucky?

No, myself and the 6 or 7 others that I go with have changed our routine, and it's working like a charm. Pub until 2pm then stroll down to the ground, straight in through the turnstiles, into the DEH, have a pint then take our seats in time for KO. Nice and straightforward.

Obviously not everyone has the opportunity to do this due to other commitments.

Now if the club could just get staff who can work the tills or subtract 3 from 5 in their head, we'd really be going places.

Archived