IGNORED

Destiny

Northamptonshire Red

I was about to post a thread on this,

Mine hopefully will be waiting for me when I get home (PS4) I'll let you know how it plays in the morning when I get to work,

Looks great and glad the PS4 are getting 1080p which will make it look better then the XBox one version,

Its also nice the PS4 are getting the d/l content first as well as the gaming libery is rather lacking at the moment

Ahh I recognise that now - one of those great adverts where I think "that looks amazing" then the little gem "not actual gameplay" appears on the screen. . .  

its going to be the best looking game on the new generation of consoles so far thats for sure,

It will be good, but not sure it will be half a billion dollars good. Bungie have a decent pedigree for this kind of thing. If it is more like Borderlands than Halo i might give it a look over the coming months.

Would like to see a proper review first but the early reports are its looking good and playing well.

It will be good, but not sure it will be half a billion dollars good. Bungie have a decent pedigree for this kind of thing. If it is more like Borderlands than Halo i might give it a look over the coming months.

Would like to see a proper review first but the early reports are its looking good and playing well.

Michael Pachter was saying it didn't cost that much it was closer to 300 million dollers then 500 million, still a hell of alot of money but the 500 million was incorrect but got picked up by all the news services,

It still cost more then Avatar mind,

I've got a copy at home (hopefully) I'll let you know my feelings on it,

Stuck in Devon this week so will wait untill Eurogamer release their review, whifh is hopefully before I go home.

Theres a Morrisons down the road, can I resist till then? We'll see.

I normally wait for an escapist review as Jim Stirling seems to be quite fair to games on there and he hates EA which is a bonus

I was about to post a thread on this,

Mine hopefully will be waiting for me when I get home (PS4) I'll let you know how it plays in the morning when I get to work,

Looks great and glad the PS4 are getting 1080p which will make it look better then the XBox one version,

Its also nice the PS4 are getting the d/l content first as well as the gaming libery is rather lacking at the moment

Both platforms are gonna be 1080p

Xbox is 720

Anyway played 2 hours last night it's alright gfx decent brut nothing special,

Story well there isn't much of one yet

Haven't pvp'd yet

7/10 so far

looked it up it was the beta that was 720p :)

anyway some more thoughts on the game, I think its going to suffer with lack of stuff to do to be honest, there is some lack of direction at the moment, I think activision/bungie are going to go the EA esc route and put out aload of d/l content that we have to pay for,

anyway I've been playing the warlock class (only lvl 5) but may try titan class tonight,

Its nice but could use with a little direction and a few more things to do at the moment,

Would I recomend buying it? on the PS4 yes due to lack of titles on Xbox not so sure as they have a few decent games already but will be worth keeping an eye on and see what content patches are like,

still sticking with 7/10

looked it up it was the beta that was 720p :)

anyway some more thoughts on the game, I think its going to suffer with lack of stuff to do to be honest, there is some lack of direction at the moment, I think activision/bungie are going to go the EA esc route and put out aload of d/l content that we have to pay for,

anyway I've been playing the warlock class (only lvl 5) but may try titan class tonight,

Its nice but could use with a little direction and a few more things to do at the moment,

Would I recomend buying it? on the PS4 yes due to lack of titles on Xbox not so sure as they have a few decent games already but will be worth keeping an eye on and see what content patches are like,

still sticking with 7/10

There is some decent coverage of the game on VG247 including this one about classes, elements and raids. Says in this article http://www.vg247.com/2014/09/08/destiny-choosing-your-class-and-why-it-matters/ that a raid mission can last for up to 2 hours!

It's not the ground breaking game we were expected

It's not a bad game and I do recommend it if you like fps games but that's as fat as it goes

In the grand scale of things it will be regarded as a massive flop as it won't make the money back that's been spent on it

The game world feels empty the missions are bland and the story isn't anything ground breaking

Pvp is good well balanced but no different then any other fps (battlefield is better)

Revised score after a few days is 6/10

I'm waiting for dragon age 3 and shadow of mordor now

Archived