IGNORED

City V Donny Player Ratings

Fielding 7 - Didn't really have to do anything. Dealt with crosses well today - no flapping. Only thing I can fault him on was his distribution a few times.

Ayling 8 - Great game today. Was solid defensively and drove the ball out of defence very well.

Flint 8 - This guy is such a boss.

Williams 6 - Seems harsh but gave the ball away too much today and often made the wrong pass. Still, he's young and defensively he's sound.

Little 9 - MOTM for me. He was absolutely everywhere. His marker couldn't control him and his crosses were dangerous. Excellent both offensively and defensively.

Bryan 8 - Announced MOTM and did have a brilliant game. First half was quiet I thought but second half he came alive. After the red card in particular he was our most dangerous player and he had a great driving run ending with a good shot well saved. It's so encouraging to have a left sided player that is confident with both feet.

Smith 7 - Didn't have to do an awful lot today, wasn't his usual self but I think that was down to Donny being awful and our players around him playing better.

Elliot 7 - Distribution not as good as it normally is. Nevertheless he commands the midfield and he is definitely worth of the armband.

Freeman 8 - Really bright today. Has many a skill up his sleeve and he uses them to beat people rather than showboat, made a few defenders look a bit stupid today. Had a couple of good shots, probably should have scored one. Best game I've seen him play so far.

Wilbrahimovic 8 - Excellent hold up play and flick-ons as always and had some good efforts saved.

Agard 7 - Average first half, his touch was off but he was battling really well. Finally got his first goal with a deflection but he rose in confidence immediately, and could have had 2 more goals despite some good goalkeeping.

Subs

Pack 5 - Pack has played well from the bench this season but not today. He helped keep the ball but we should have been trying to destroy Donny and whenever there was a chance to turn and go forward he would pass back to a CB. Still, I think this was the wrong substitution.

Waggy 6 - Not enough time to make an impact

JET N/A - Didn't have much time to do anything but did force some chances.

Cotterill 7 - Good team selection, subs didn't make an awful lot of sense to me but we scored another goal and got the 3 points so can't complain. Would have liked to have seen Burns for Little instead of Wagstaff.

Ref 8 - Nice to have a ref that favoured us after last week. It's refreshing to see a referee actually following the rules for a change. Very rarely would you see a red for 2 yellows, one for diving and one for kicking the ball away but I was delighted to see it.

Crowd 8 - Ashton gate is just buzzing at the moment.

Shedman 10 - Brilliant effort in the Colin Daniel Stand. Fantastic banners to get the williams singing section going.

Frankie Fielding - 7

Should've been charged admission, he was a spectator.

Mark Little - 8

Mark Little, scorer of the bizzarest goal I may have ever seen. I'm still not sure what happened. Another accomplished performance by the lad.

Luke Ayling - 7

Classic Ayling. Likes to bring the ball out and fizz it around. Solid in the tackle aswell.

Aden Flint - 7

Another day this would have been a six, but the team performance was so class that I feel bad for handing out a six. Didn't have to do a lot.

Derrick Williams - 7

See "Aden Flint".

Joe Bryan - 9

Superb. He's really coming of age. Had his fullback on toast. Brilliant first touch and not afraid to come inside.

Wade Elliott - 7

Played some nice slide rules, as per. Not his best performance but he's consistent, at least.

Korey Smith - 7

Another decent outing, yet to see something about him that I dislike.

Luke Freeman - 8

Looked fantastic. Seemed a lot sharper than the players around him. Was disappointed to see him come off.

Aaron Wilbraham - 7

Standard shift, put himself about. Nice link up play. Scored.

Kieran Agard - 7

Looked lively and could've had a hatful to be honest. His first goal for the club wasn't a classic but they all count for one.

SUBS:

Pack - 6

Wagstaff - 6

JET - 6

Stevie Cotterill - 8

A dream day for him I'd guess. Three goals, three points and a clean sheet. Made inoffensive subs in an already decided contest.

Fielding 6 - Had little to nothing to do. Kicking poor.

Little 9 - MOTM. Great running down the wing.

Ayling 7 - Solid

Flint 7 - Same as Ayling

Williams 7 - Same as Ayling and Flint

Bryan 8 - Is improving all the time and did well to set the 3rd up. Unlucky to hit the bar.

Elliott 6 - Not quite his usual self

Smith 7 - Solid.

Freeman 7 - Full of running and trickery. Not quite the end product today though.

Wilbraham 7 - Good poachers goal (not expected!). Held the ball up well too.

Agard 7 - I think most can see he just needed that first goal. Worked hard and looked lively once he scored.

All round a solid performance which was all that was required today. 

I thought ayling and agard both looked good today at the start of the season I wasn't sure about ayling but he seems to be building in confidence every game,and bearing in mind that agard didn't have much of a pre season and hardly played before signing for us I think he has been getting sharper each game !!

Archived