IGNORED

White Painted Line?

S. Bristol Born & Red

It's something to do with Friends of the Earth or something. It's meant to show how much land will be flooded if climate change continues.

I'm not too sure of all the details, but to be honest I can't quite see how the Avon is supposed to flow over the hill behind the bonded warehouses to flood Duckmoor Rd?

It's something to do with Friends of the Earth or something. It's meant to show how much land will be flooded if climate change continues.

I'm not too sure of all the details, but to be honest I can't quite see how the Avon is supposed to flow over the hill behind the bonded warehouses to flood Duckmoor Rd?

Criminal damage then?

Google bristol floods 1968 and have a look at the floods in Ashton and Bemmy. Duckmoor rd was 4 feet deep

Google bristol floods 1968 and have a look at the floods in Ashton and Bemmy. Duckmoor rd was 4 feet deep

Yes I know. Most of my family live in the vicinity. Some were flooded.

That was flash flooding coming down from Dundry etc.

This is where it is claimed the Avon will lap up to permanently, as a result of global climate change. Allegedly.

The line is all down the side of Asda in Bemmie, painted on the brick pavement and people must have walked through the paint when it was wet as there are footprints everywhere. I can't believe the council would have authorised this as it looks a bloody mess. I hope it's emulsion paint and can just be pressure washed off.

Since then though we've had an incredible storm water drainage system put in that's massively over engineered for it's actual need. I think the 'motherload' which runs from by Ikea down to the portway can handle something like 180 cubic meters of water a second.

The line is all down the side of Asda in Bemmie, painted on the brick pavement and people must have walked through the paint when it was wet as there are footprints everywhere. I can't believe the council would have authorised this as it looks a bloody mess. I hope it's emulsion paint and can just be pressure washed off.

Didn't realise water was so conforming... the water line by Asda even had the decency to use the pedestrian crossing!

Didn't realise water was so conforming... the water line by Asda even had the decency to use the pedestrian crossing!

How very true, great observation. I guess the quote 'Time and tide wait for no man' has been proved wrong then!

Since then though we've had an incredible storm water drainage system put in that's massively over engineered for it's actual need. I think the 'motherload' which runs from by Ikea down to the portway can handle something like 180 cubic meters of water a second.

This is the city where "we can't build an underground because of the geology"?

Archived