IGNORED

Derrick Williams

glynriley

I hope this boy stays fit..international in the making..

Del is coming along nicely. I think Ayling, Flint & Del compliment each other well and we look much more organised and solid. My one complaint about Williams at present is his over use of the diag. He's got a great left foot on him but sometimes rather than drive into the space infront he looks for the diag. Aside from that he's getting better game by game. Looks the real deal.

Top player. Can't believe some on here don't rate him.

I don't think it's a question of not rating him Bar - I think we all do - it's more some fans querying whether others are perhaps over rating him.

For instance I thought he had a really strong all round game today and he's rightly been praised for it.

Last week however I didn't think he played particularly well, with two fly hacked clearances straight up into the air landing in his own penalty area, and some very loose passing.

However his performance was highly rated by many on here, and I just couldn't see it - I'd have rated him the weakest of our defenders on the day.

Some pointed out his 3 efforts on goal, but of course S****horpe may well have been happy for a City defender to shoot from 20 - 25 yards, and as they all missed the target, perhaps he should in fact have been playing the ball to a midfielder or striker who were more likely to test the keeper?

It seems to me many fans are willing to completely overlook his bad moments.

To me he's a (very) young player with lots of potential, who as you'd expect has good games, not so good games, makes the odd mistake, and whose passing needs to improve. No one expects perfection every week but as he's a regular he has to be subject to the same scrutiny as all our other players, so let's not be afraid to mention his faults as well as his strengths. 

Having said all that, I'll finish by saying again, very well played today Derrick.

I think for a defender his passing is excellent. He also can dribble quite well too. His decision making however as to when to play the long diagonal to Little seems a little off. That needs work but he is only 21

he is further on in learning his role than a couple of our other younger players. as a defender i think he is very good,not hitting the target when shooting could be better taken up with a youngster that should be hitting the target if not scoring given the chance.we do seem quite solid at the back with him next to Aden Flint. not too worried about ayling ever going but flint and williams i think are a pairing that need to be looked after well for future years to come

The main and most important thing with Williams is you can clearly see him improving and getting better.  The guys only 21, also aslong as his development doesn't hit a brink wall and flattens out, imo he's got a very bright future ahead of him.  He's going to be iconsistent at his age, but within 2 season I reckon he'll have sorted that out.

Del is coming along nicely. I think Ayling, Flint & Del compliment each other well and we look much more organised and solid. My one complaint about Williams at present is his over use of the diag. He's got a great left foot on him but sometimes rather than drive into the space infront he looks for the diag. Aside from that he's getting better game by game. Looks the real deal.

i may be wrong in saying this but I think that diagonal ball is what they have been told to try as they play that ball a lot from both sides, reminds me of how Southampton played the season they went up to the premier

i may be wrong in saying this but I think that diagonal ball is what they have been told to try as they play that ball a lot from both sides, reminds me of how Southampton played the season they went up to the premier

You're probably right to be fair mate. Just seems as though Del does it more than Ayling at the moment. Either way looking good at mo.

Archived