IGNORED

Cooking Programmes

WTFiGO!?!

I can cook and enjoy cooking so have casted my eye upon cooking programmes' especially on a Sunday morning. What utter shit they are, though. There's about 1% of it I actually learn about cooking, the rest is made up of the presenter's personality, pre-prepared (is that a double-negative?) ingredients, and self-promoting future shows.

Take's the piss, really. Bring back Delia! It used to be about the cooking, man!

I can cook and enjoy cooking so have casted my eye upon cooking programmes' especially on a Sunday morning. What utter shit they are, though. There's about 1% of it I actually learn about cooking, the rest is made up of the presenter's personality, pre-prepared (is that a double-negative?) ingredients, and self-promoting future shows.

Take's the piss, really. Bring back Delia! It used to be about the cooking, man!

Personally I prefer Gordon calling everyone a cucking funt in my cookery shows. Or Adam Richmond attempting to eat half a stone of food in an hour. I don't care much for the cooking bit 

Missed out on Keith Floyd, shame.

I don't mind old Rick because he does, at least, tie it in with travel. Travel is of interest but obviously the Monty Python chap provides what he claims to regarding that. Rick Stein is also a Cornish lad (I think) and loves his sea food.

As for Jamie Oliver, you have to love his passion. Just give us the cooking though, man. Stayed watching BBC2 this morning and Pat ******* Cash was invited in to observe matters. What the ****! The bloke looked bored off his tits.

Not that I really watch much of this stuff, it's akin to Top Gear in the greater scheme of things.

Too much crap on TV.

Jamie Oliver was on radio 2 the other day, so I actually listened to what he had to say. Apparently its now very hard to get a cookery programme commissioned unless its some form of competition. Shame as I've learnt alot from books made from cookery shows.

Good point. Have a Rick Stein book that has actually taught me stuff, not bad for a Christmas present.

What you really missed out on was Keith Floyds restaurant in Bristol, he used to pick a table some nights, ask if he could eat with them and then get the best wines from his cellar, share them with that table and he would then pick up the tab.

No wonder he went bust........

Bloody shame!

What you really missed out on was Keith Floyds restaurant in Bristol, he used to pick a table some nights, ask if he could eat with them and then get the best wines from his cellar, share them with that table and he would then pick up the tab.

No wonder he went bust........

I was in Hicks Restaurant in Lyme Regis the night after Floyd literally went "bust" there. The waiter kindly showed me the area he'd shuffled off this mortal coil from.

RIP Floydy. Legend.

I was in Hicks Restaurant in Lyme Regis the night after Floyd literally went "bust" there. The waiter kindly showed me the area he'd shuffled off this mortal coil from.

RIP Floydy. Legend.

Didn't realise that was the case for him, Robbo.

Nigel Slater had a BBC show which focused solely on cooking.

Nigel Slater used a green grocery I have an affinity with, so I watched the series. I found him a little like a housewives favourite and he used a lot of fat. But shall look out for him again, next time.

Quite likely to punch you back.  http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/5082304/gregg-wallace-fight-hotel.html

Convicted for football related threatening behaviour in his Millwall supporting days too, I believe,

That story only makes me want to punch him more! And the fact he's Millwall gives me another (although uneeded) reason to dislike the bloke

Archived