IGNORED

Fleetwood Town Saturday - Jim's Bar

DaveHolloway

Can I add what a fantastically well run football club that is.

My tickets hadn't made it to me in the mail. Our ticket office emailed theirs, when I got there they had reprinted mine for me. No hassle no bother.

Then in that bar there were loads serving, plenty of space for everyone and welcoming fans chatting to loads of City.

I only wish we had facilities like that to welcome them to in January.

The result aside (which I would have taken before the game) it was a super day up there.

A really nice football club who gave us a good game and their hospitality was very good.

I don't say things like this very often to away clubs but best wishes to fleetwood in the future. a really nice football club..

Yep, top day out and a really friendly, welcoming club.

A lot of 'bigger' clubs could take a lesson from Fleetwood in how to treat and cater for visiting fans. I tend to find that when a club makes an effort to be welcoming and helpful, then the away fans will make more of an effort to co-operate too.

Their rapid rise through the ranks probably helps as their heart will still be a local community club.  They haven't had time to pick up all the corporate Billy Big Bollocks stuff.  I also suspect a visit from Leeds or Millwall would be an eye opener for them - especially if they beat them.

It is a good model but I think we would struggle to copy it.

They even had signs in the Gents welcoming Bristol City supporters! Attention to little details but very well done.

Fleetwood was a real pleasure to visit - I even enjoyed their Captain Pugwash goal music although it was disappointing to hear it played three times! A very well run club; friendly people and a great day out.

Archived