IGNORED

Owning A Piece Of The Club

Andre_The_Giant

Anyone have information on how I can buy shares in City? A direct investment (not via the Supporters' trust).

I wouldn't bother if I was you.

Owning shares in City has been a completely pointless exercise for the average City fan since Lansdown did away with the AGMs.

You get literally nothing for your "investment".

Lansdown owns the most therefore he has ultimate control of everything at the club.

It's actually quite shocking that he did away with what was a democratic process (re-electing members of the board). Surprised more wasn't made of it at the time...

• Admin

I think you need to contact Burges Salmon.  Or you used to have to do that.

I got my shares through them, you usually have to go on a waiting list until someone wants to sell their shares (usually after someone has popped their clogs). IIRC price is what the seller wants / buyer is willing to pay, as the shares aren't listed.

I wouldn't bother if I was you.

Owning shares in City has been a completely pointless exercise for the average City fan since Lansdown did away with the AGMs.

You get literally nothing for your "investment".

Lansdown owns the most therefore he has ultimate control of everything at the club.

It's actually quite shocking that he did away with what was a democratic process (re-electing members of the board). Surprised more wasn't made of it at the time...

Wasn't it the deal that if it wasn't done away with then we wouldn't have had his investment?

Is it true, or only rumour, that NLBR actually told him to 'do one' when he approached them?

For what possible reason would anyone want to waste their money buying BCFC shares?

You'll never make any money.  A guaranteed loss is assured.

If you simply want to be able to say you are a City shareholder then why exactly?  Wouldn't you rather spend the money actively supporting the team?

Your views will hold no influence whatsoever.

If you want to put your money down the drain there is probably one outside your house and it will save the administration too.

If I remember correctly, about 18 years ago when Scott Davison was buying out some of the directors he was legally obliged to offer all shareholders the same deal, thus all shareholders could get double the value of the shares. As a shareholder I received a letter from Scott and his cohorts saying that I could get double what I paid for my shares but please not to take up this option for the good of Bristol City. I didn't take up the option although tempting.

Obviously the directors who sold their shares to Davison got double, I assume Davison and his consortium have since sold their shares, and us mugs who put City first are now left with a fairly useless share certificate.

I got my shares through them, you usually have to go on a waiting list until someone wants to sell their shares (usually after someone has popped their clogs). IIRC price is what the seller wants / buyer is willing to pay, as the shares aren't listed.

This, they have a listing.

Out of interest does anybody know what the current price is?

For what possible reason would anyone want to waste their money buying BCFC shares?

You'll never make any money.  A guaranteed loss is assured.

If you simply want to be able to say you are a City shareholder then why exactly?  Wouldn't you rather spend the money actively supporting the team?

Your views will hold no influence whatsoever.

If you want to put your money down the drain there is probably one outside your house and it will save the administration too.

As a way of supporting the club.  I bought on the initial Scott Davidson offer and there was then a rights issue which I also took up, I don't think many did this as I received a letter thanking me for (IIRC) over-subscribing.

I really like having them and owning a piece of my club.

I won't look them out but I have quite a lot as I had them pre the 10 for 1 subdivision as well as the rights.

As I bought them as issues from the club my money went straight into BCFC.

If I didn't own them I would however be on the Burgess Salmon waiting list to buy some.

I do not regard them as any kind of investment, other than an emotional one.

Archived