IGNORED

Chris Lines Former Sag And Now Port Vale Defender On Our Squad..

Cider red

'This is a great opportunity for us. Everyone is expecting them to come here and beat us, but you look on paper and player for player they are not better than us. They are obviously doing something better than us because they are top. They are obviously working as a team, defending properly and not letting in sloppy goals.'

Really? I look at their squad and the only player who would be anywhere remotely near out starting squad would be Tom Pope, the rest are average league 1 or good league 2 players at best. They have Ryan Mcgivern at centre back ffs! It begs the question, do we over rate our players because we know them more, or is Chris Lines just a grade A tool?

So essentially he is saying that we don't have 1 single player better than any of theirs? I think most of the football world would beg to differ on that one. 

We might not be world beaters but im pretty certain we have at least 1 player on our books who is better than his Vale equivalent.

He's just bigging up his side in what is a crucial match for their manager.

I admire the rallying call, but a quick sweep of fans, players and managers from any club at this level might prove Mr Lines to be incorrect on this one

Doesn't mean that they won't beat us 3-0 tonight, but I'd put our squad of players up against anyone's at this level

I admire the rallying call, but a quick sweep of fans, players and managers from any club at this level might prove Mr Lines to be incorrect on this one

Doesn't mean that they won't beat us 3-0 tonight, but I'd put our squad of players up against anyone's at this level

Thanks Woodsy, They had better not beat us 3 - 0 now :blink:

Can't fault him for standing up for his team mates and manager, but it is just like Donny fans saying that other than three soft goals they were as good as us; results don't tend to lie, even this early in the season.

Am not going full-bore confident on this one; they are so unfavoured for tonight they'll have little to lose, and that makes them dangerous, so we will see how things pan out. Plus, they have that king of men, that feller of titans Colin Daniel, so anything is possible. ;)

But I wouldn't read anything into it; Adams had openly admitted his job is on the line, and that admission that their form is in the gutter means substantially more than the pre-march defiance of one player, and an ex-sag at that.

Archived