IGNORED

Port Vale V City Match Day Thread

Super

Still think we are moving through the gears and haven't hit anywhere near top form yet,

lots of players still bedding in to a new team, tactics, and formation,

god help the rest of this league when they fully click,

and we hit our purple ( and lime ) patch .

Get the feeling Agard has yet to fully show us what he's capable of; last year he was an absolute menace to defences in this league, so once he does I'm sure it'll be good to see.

And there is of course 'The JET Question'; text commentary suggested he had a pop from 20 yards when he came on tonight, and we all know what he can do, so it must be motivating for those in the shirts to keep this high level of performance up in order to keep him out.

That said, although I'd change absolutely nothing right now while our form continues; is it just me who is quite interested to see how a JET/Wilbraham partnership might work?

It's not on that clip but at the end of that interview, Mickey Adams says we have spent a fortune.

Now although before he says that, he admits that money can't buy confidence, I don't like this notion being spieled out by other managers that we have spent a fortune.

Yes, we spent big money on Freeman and Agard, but we received more for Baldock than those two transfer fees combined. Korey Smith was a swap deal with Kelly plus a little cash. Ayling was a swap deal with Moloney plus some cash as compensation. I reckon the cash sums paid are still covered by the Baldock fee received in both these cases.

Wade and Wilbraham were freebies. 

So how have we spent a spent a fortune Mickey, would you care to explain?!!?!

Full interview : http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29241099

Spent a fortune quote near the end at around the 5 minute mark.

Archived