IGNORED

Analysing Our Defence (And An Existential Crisis)

The Nest Egg

What has working in Finance ever done for our club? Great new word though:

businessified

I liked it!

Well if Stockhausen, Twentyman or some other local journo had some kind of financial knowledge or background then they could ask SL & Piggs some probing questions, understand the answers, know what to ask next, do some research and produce an informative an insightful article.  Instead of which we get questions like "Are you up for the fight?" and "What is your favourite fish?".

I would have thought that a combination of footballing and off field knowledge would enable you to write some interesting stuff.  There is a distinct lack of well written football journalism, particularly down at our level.  For instance, like it or loathe it, the Bristol Sport concept is an interesting one; we have had debates on here about it with some well thought through observations and some complete bollocks.  An decent bit of journalism where the journo has interviewed SL, understood what he is saying and challenged some of the assumptions then put it in a wider sport and business context would make for an interesting read.  We are not going to get that from our local lot.

I liked it!

Well if Stockhausen, Twentyman or some other local journo had some kind of financial knowledge or background then they could ask SL & Piggs some probing questions, understand the answers, know what to ask next, do some research and produce an informative an insightful article.  Instead of which we get questions like "Are you up for the fight?" and "What is your favourite fish?".

I would have thought that a combination of footballing and off field knowledge would enable you to write some interesting stuff.  There is a distinct lack of well written football journalism, particularly down at our level.  For instance, like it or loathe it, the Bristol Sport concept is an interesting one; we have had debates on here about it with some well thought through observations and some complete bollocks.  An decent bit of journalism where the journo has interviewed SL, understood what he is saying and challenged some of the assumptions then put it in a wider sport and business context would make for an interesting read.  We are not going to get that from our local lot.

Noted. I might even attempt a small article based on the premise of Bristol Sport but this would require a bit of research.

I also completely agree with you, I actually wrote in my personal statement how I wanted to facilitate the new wave of football reporting (hard analysis from a variety of fronts with some jokes peppered throughout and not the other way around like the tabloid reports) into the FL. There are interesting clubs down here and it seems that we are just stuck with hearing about superficial rubbish. Taking A Level Business Studies can allow me to understand the perspective of a financial director and not just be some other opinionated fan only looking at Saturday's performances

Archived