IGNORED

Wes Burns

redarmy1974

Sorry lads what I meant was when we are winning these games by a couple of goal margin it would be a great time to bring wes on more often.

I didn't mean that he should be starting anytime soon especially after the start we have had

As we saw on Saturday, no game is won even when we're 2 up. That's why he hasn't got on more.

I don't make things up and I haven't been misinformed. I could even tell you how much the daily fine was if I wanted to - a small sum compared to the wages.

Desperately disappointing news then. So all this talk of unity in the squad is not quite as accurate as SC would have us believe?

Desperately disappointing news then. So all this talk of unity in the squad is not quite as accurate as SC would have us believe?

Where did that come from? as I said if true it's more likely to be lifestyle, it's not like Nile Ranger for instance who sometimes didn't even bother to turn up, if true it's nothing more than a bad habit.

That's not what I said - it was in the past, don't know if it still is, but since SC arrived he is sorting things like that out.

Under the previous manager JET had been allowed to get away with thinking it was ok to turn up late for training if he paid a fine which was a pittance compared with his wages.

In all probability SC has recognized the bigger picture and is rightly asserting authority. I would say the harmony within the camp currently is likely to be pretty good, and SC is dangling the carrot to JET that he can still be involved if he shows the desired professionalism and commitment.

Incidentally a nice touch I witnessed from JET yesterday while he was warming up shows he seems like a nice guy.

Nick- I read into the earlier posts  that it was a current issue. The size of the fine is not relevant but his attitude is. SC seems to be doing most things right and I'm sure he'll want to get the best out of all his players.

I think Jet is generally a good guy and always seems to have time for the fans.

Where did that come from?  

It didn't-  it was a question hence the question mark at the end of my question!

If Jet was currently turning up late and being regularly disciplined then then would  cast some doubt on the principle of total unity throughout the whole squad. Nick has cleared it up and its an historical issue. As a result it appears that Jet staying on the bench and rarely involved is tactical as opposed to disciplinary . Whilst we're TOL , we can only say that SC is tactically correct in his team selection.

SC has already demonstrated by his handling of El Abd last season, how he deals with people who step out of line and try undermine him.

On the contary, he is very complimentary of JET's general conduct and involvement within the squad set up.

I can't see any problem here, other than JET was not fit enough at the start of the season.

SC has already demonstrated by his handling of El Abd last season, how he deals with people who step out of line and try undermine him.

On the contary, he is very complimentary of JET's general conduct and involvement within the squad set up.

I can't see any problem here, other than JET was not fit enough at the start of the season.

On account of a previously "relaxed" attitude to training.

When SC's imminent arrival was announced, JET was a bit disturbed to hear from Harewood that SC "makes you run".

As I say, the only attitude issue was what I knew from last season not this as I no longer have that information - if it was still a problem I doubt JET would be anywhere near the first team. Hopefully SC will extract from JET the player he should be not what he had become.

Think Wes Burns and Jet will be in the starting 11 eleven this season, 37 to go and we have areally big and strong squad. Injuries will not make our team weeker I Think. We have the bench in leauge one. Thinks Cotts knows to handle it. Look at the germans in World Cup. Every player were involved even they didnt play. The wins Money was split by everbody, even with the players who did not play. Thats teamspirit and I hope Cotts works the same. Looking forward to a good season. Always Believe. Coyr

he's turning up late for training and getting fined thats fair enough, if he's working hard in training and still making the match day squad that is also fair enough,

and thats the thing he's still making the match day squad so that tells me while he's wrong being late he's also working hard enough in training to make the squad,

Archived