IGNORED

Marlon Pack

Go Junior GO

Fair to say taking Agard off for pack at that juncture may in hindsight-I hope-be seen as a mistake by SC...not any point to it bar to kill 30 seconds off the clock..backfired..

I personally think complancey played a massive part in it too, the players may of thought the game won at 3-1 and took their foot off the gas,

Wilbs has spoken about this before and if it is the case we need to cut it out,

I'm not a fan of Pack. He always tries to play 40-50 yard passes and more often than not this will give posession to the opposition. He needs to learn the basics before trying the more difficult aspects of the game. He's not as good as he thinks he is, and i'd rather have Reid or Wynter on the bench than him.

Luck of the draw. Everyone's favourite Williams was caught horribly out of position in the first half, the shot went wide so there's no comment. Pack's mistake comes in the 89th minute for an equaliser, and he's been vilified in various threads about it now. Almost as though he's becoming the new scapegoat, despite barely playing.

Luck of the draw. Everyone's favourite Williams was caught horribly out of position in the first half, the shot went wide so there's no comment. Pack's mistake comes in the 89th minute for an equaliser, and he's been vilified in various threads about it now. Almost as though he's becoming the new scapegoat, despite barely playing.

because williams mastake didn't cost 2 points packs did, not hard to work out why he's been pin-pointed,

he just isn't as good as he was made out to be on here,

because williams mastake didn't cost 2 points packs did, not hard to work out why he's been pin-pointed,

and he isn't as bad as he's made out to be on here

unspectacular L1 player who isn't good enough for a higher league as things stand. Still quite young though.

Sorry you've evidently misunderstood what I've said. Pack is more culpable for cocking up than Williams, because Pack's mistake lead to an improbable goal, but in the other instance the lad miscued? What a load of crap.

Bit harsh on Marlon in my opinion.

Ok he could of done better with the 3rd goal but he isn't to blame for us giving the lead away.

For me Marlon is ideal to bring on to protect a lead, he does so many things that the average fan doesn't see like breaking up attacks, winning 9/10 balls in the air and putting he's foot in when needed, nothing spectacular but a very useful player to have in our ranks.

It's hard for him to break into the team at the moment as is every other player on the bench but i hope he is offered a new contract, he's a good footballer!

Pack actually has a lot of qualities that would do well at championship level, good range of passing, vision, can put a foot in, and he can shoot. What lets him down is lapses in concentration that lead him to making simple mistakes, and he doesn't seem to learn from them, which is why he isn't in the team more regularly imo and why he isn't ready to play at any higher than league one at the moment.

I still can't make up my mind about our Marlon. Sometimes he looks OK, other times he looks like this isn't his level but I guess that comes from the bit part he is playing at the moment. Last season he was used for a run of games at the tail end of the season where he probably had some of his best performances in a City shirt so perhaps he just needs a run in the team. As for his new role, I think Cotts realises that because he is so slow he'd be of no use playing an attacking role in this side so he has had to make him adapt to utilise him.

Pack actually has a lot of qualities that would do well at championship level, good range of passing, vision, can put a foot in, and he can shoot. What lets him down is lapses in concentration that lead him to making simple mistakes, and he doesn't seem to learn from them, which is why he isn't in the team more regularly imo and why he isn't ready to play at any higher than league one at the moment.

check out his goal scoring record for City!

I still can't make up my mind about our Marlon. Sometimes he looks OK, other times he looks like this isn't his level but I guess that comes from the bit part he is playing at the moment. Last season he was used for a run of games at the tail end of the season where he probably had some of his best performances in a City shirt so perhaps he just needs a run in the team. As for his new role, I think Cotts realises that because he is so slow he'd be of no use playing an attacking role in this side so he has had to make him adapt to utilise him.

This, I remember the game against Oxford and he was the worst player on the pitch.. then the next game he was spraying 40 yard passes and playing fantastically.. I can't make up my mind about him. I think he will leave next summer and will probably spend most of his career in leagues 1/2. Happy to be proved wrong though.

Imo exactly the same could be said of Williams, but unlike others his mistakes seem to be overlooked and he appears to have somehow become beyond criticism.

His mistake against Fleetwood was bad enough to be highlighted on the match commentary, fortunately on this occasion the opposition striker was unable to capitalise - unlike Pack's where an unstoppable shot was blasted in.

As for Pack, if you've ever played football you'll know how hard it can be to get into the pace of a game as a sub., hence it's far better to bring on attacking players where possible.

Not only to stop opposition team pressing up the pitch too much, but also so that any errors made by the 'cold' newcomer are likely to occur in the opposition's half, and out of harm's way.

Imo exactly the same could be said of Williams, but unlike others his mistakes seem to be overlooked and he appears to have somehow become beyond criticism.

His mistake against Fleetwood was bad enough to be highlighted on the match commentary, fortunately on this occasion the opposition striker was unable to capitalise - unlike Pack's where an unstoppable shot was blasted in.

As for Pack, if you've ever played football you'll know how hard it can be to get into the pace of a game as a sub., hence it's far better to bring on attacking players where possible.

Not only to stop opposition team pressing up the pitch too much, but also so that any errors made by the 'cold' newcomer are likely to occur in the opposition's half, and out of harm's way.

the reason williams escapes is is because his didn't cost a goal and he doesn't keep making the same mistakes,

Pack's cost a goal and he keeps making the same mistakes hence people have started to become extremely critical of him,

he is decent enough but not as good as had been made out on here and his level is prob a mid table league one side,

the reason williams escapes is is because his didn't cost a goal and he doesn't keep making the same mistakes,

Pack's cost a goal and he keeps making the same mistakes hence people have started to become extremely critical of him,

he is decent enough but not as good as had been made out on here and his level is prob a mid table league one side,

My initial comment of Williams' mistakes being overlooked, and him seemingly being beyond criticism, stand.

It's very obvious on the forum that many people make their minds up early on players one way or another - by the nature of the forum very often on hearsay - and will not then see the faults in some, while still being disparaging about players who are in fact making a very positive contribution.

It's the mistakes being made which should be of concern to us all - not just the one's the opposition happen to have taken advantage of in a particular match.

If we're going to criticise mistakes in dangerous situations so harshly, the times we escape punishment should be scrutinised just as thoroughly as those when the opposition fail to take advantage.

Players who have benefitted from poor opposition finishing thus far to get them off the hook will not be so fortunate every time.

Williams is a much much better player than Pack and has saved us points on many occasions, I can honestly say except for ten minutes here and there Pack has been awful

Pack's been man-of-the-match on more than one occasion. Anyone who thinks he's awful, hasn't really been watching what he does.

Williams is a decent player, but he makes his share of mistakes too, as Nogbad pointed out. In Derek's case it's often being caught hopelessly out of position. That might be less visible than failing to control a ball, but can be just as catestrophic for the defence.

Really, if any of our players didn't make regular mistakes, they'd not be playing at L1 level.

I am sorry, but if you see my previous posting in AWFUL  you will know that I am not his greatest fan.  I listen to every Radio Bristol Commentary on City games and all I hear when he is playing is, ; Pack has given the ball away;  and usually in dangerous areas.  I think he is the weakest link in this squad and this is the reason that SC doesn't start him very often.  IMHO he needs to be replaced with a better holding mid fielder.  At that stage of the game with only one goal between Fleetwood and us he should have done better.

Pack is a decent player on his day. He appears to be a bit error prone at the moment, but was good when he came on against S****horpe, Rochdale and Port Vale. Poor on saturday. I like the fact he's on the bench. If you dropped players every time they made a mistake, we wouldnt have any one on the field.

Archived