IGNORED

Saturday Ticket Sales Watch

Cider red

If we were in your position and had a game against promotion rivals and if we had the UWE, we would get twice what you get on Saturday. :)

Well you're not in our position and you're not getting the UWE which wouldn't have held 28000 anyway!

Now go back to creaming yourselves about how good your fans are at saying they are brilliant eh, there's a good non league tinpotter. :gasmask:

I believe this is where player's comps etc are allocated this season and these are then released on the day of the game when not taken.

And there must be quite a lot of comps available. I hadn't realised until recently that the academy lads get them too, somehow I always thought it was just first team squad etc.

• Admin

And there must be quite a lot of comps available. I hadn't realised until recently that the academy lads get them too, somehow I always thought it was just first team squad etc.

For development purposes probably a good thing to have them around the match day experience

For development purposes probably a good thing to have them around the match day experience

Yes I understand why that can be good for them to attend, but I meant they can get free tickets for family members to attend the game.

I'm sure years ago the Reserves etc used to play their games on a Saturday morning/early afternoon as we would often get the results before kickoff. Therefore unless you were in the first team squad or injured you were playing elsewhere and couldn't make the game.

If we were in your position and had a game against promotion rivals and if we had the UWE, we would get twice what you get on Saturday. :)

Im taking that comment with a pinch of salt as im sure you are jesting. Just a couple of points however, A) rovers haven't got a crowd of 13 thousand + (not great for us by the way but all we can get atm) for a long long time, and B) the UWE stadium would not have held twice that much ;). It will be interesting to see if we get to the championship with a 27k capacity stadium what our crowds will be............

Could something not be set up on Otib for putting people in touch for buying/ selling tickets that aren't going to be used, maybe a tenner to seller and tenner to city, obviously the club would have to agree with it but it would certainly be something to think about if we continue to have a good season

Im taking that comment with a pinch of salt as im sure you are jesting. Just a couple of points however, A) rovers haven't got a crowd of 13 thousand + (not great for us by the way but all we can get atm) for a long long time, and B) the UWE stadium would not have held twice that much ;). It will be interesting to see if we get to the championship with a 27k capacity stadium what our crowds will be............

27k wouldn't be enough for us in the championship, my point will be proved when we get there :)

27k wouldn't be enough for us in the championship, my point will be proved IF WE EVER GET BACK INTO THE LEAGUE AND 2 MORE PROMOTIONS THEREAFTER  :)

Edited for accuracy.

As an aside, half of that figure would have been more than enough last time you reached such lofty company!

Could something not be set up on Otib for putting people in touch for buying/ selling tickets that aren't going to be used, maybe a tenner to seller and tenner to city, obviously the club would have to agree with it but it would certainly be something to think about if we continue to have a good season

Eh?  You mean the club should get paid twice for a ticket?

Why not?If people are unable to use their ticket and no-one wanted to borrow it wouldn't you be happy for the club to make some extra money from it?There have been times I couldn't go and have lent people my ticket,other times no-one wanted it.I would have been happy for the club to resell my seat.

Eh? You mean the club should get paid twice for a ticket?

yes the club get paid an extra tenner and the person selling gets the same, don't have any problem with it personally although if I can't go I always give mine to mates for free, id rather see the club and the owner of ticket get an extra tenner each than it go to waste

Archived