IGNORED

Caulker

alexukhc

Wrongfully arrested, over Philadelphia cheese, haha, funny story

Read more- http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/24/steven-caulker-arrested-wrongly-tesco-cheese-theft

His parents both work in a prison as I know, very proud of his discipline on the pitch and off it, hope to see him in an England shirt once again very soon

I might be being a bit daft here but how the **** would the police be there and arriving if all he'd done was walk out of the shop holding the cheese, turned around and gone back in? That would be about 30 seconds max for the staff to contact the police and a car to actually arrive!

Also, for a report of shoplifting, the police wouldn't jump out of their car and immediately handcuff the suspect. They would take the suspect into an office in the store somewhere and talk to them before arresting or handcuffing anyone.

I'm not saying Caulker did anything wrong of course, but this story is either a complete fabrication or there is more to it than is being reported here.

I might be being a bit daft here but how the **** would the police be there and arriving if all he'd done was walk out of the shop holding the cheese, turned around and gone back in? That would be about 30 seconds max for the staff to contact the police and a car to actually arrive!

Also, for a report of shoplifting, the police wouldn't jump out of their car and immediately handcuff the suspect. They would take the suspect into an office in the store somewhere and talk to them before arresting or handcuffing anyone.

I'm not saying Caulker did anything wrong of course, but this story is either a complete fabrication or there is more to it than is being reported here.

The attached link is for the Guardian, however when you read the link, the story has been lifted from the Sun, end of mystery.

....upon release Caulker asked the coppers for directions to 'crackers corner' winked and walked off whistling Elton John's Philadelphia

(well if it didnt happen like that, it should have) :)

It would be great if the fans could manage a chorus of Philadelphia Freedom! But I think it's a song that would be beyond a football crowd to be honest.

Archived