IGNORED

Chesterfield..........

BS4 on Tour...

After Sheff Wed away last season the BS4 boys stayed in Chesterfield. We found a top hotel - it even had a framed photo of Danny Wilson in reception (as well as Sean Dyche, Paul Holland, Andy Leaning and Billy Mercer!!!!) Apparently Danny had his wedding reception at this hotel! All the hotel staff wished us luck vs Wednesday and said we were welcome anytime!

Anyway, after the Sheff Wed game we went back to this hotel, were allowed a beer or two from the free bar that was operating at a wedding do there(!) and then hit the fantastic local pub before going into Chesterfield for the night.

And what a night! Very friendly locals (especially the female ones!) and great bars etc.

I think as many City fans as poss should stay at this hotel for the Wednesday game next season - you will enjoy the Chesterfield nightlife!

I will post details of the hotel if anyone's up for it.....?

:laugh:

Not forgetting, of course, the "Brampton Mile" in Chesterfield, not a pub, but a mile-long stretch of pubs, almost all of them decent as well. It's on the main road which runs along the bottom of the hill from Saltergate - the A619.

I spent a year living in Chesterfield as I used to work just outside Sheffield/Barnsley (then moved to Sheffield afterwards for two years). Believe it or not, when I was in Sheffield I could see Hillsborough from my flat window.

Random useless facts, like.

I do tend to try and make the away games up there, although I'm tempted not to - the last two I made (Weds: lost 1-0 and Chfield: lost 2-0 with two silly red cards) were dire, maybe I'm a bad omen?! :laugh:

Guest bristolbred
I do tend to try and make the away games up there, although I'm tempted not to - the last two I made (Weds: lost 1-0 and Chfield: lost 2-0 with two silly red cards) were dire, maybe I'm a bad omen?! :laugh:
JINX!!!. :laugh:

Let me know what Away games you are going to next season, and i'll save my money!!, :P

:laugh::laugh:

Archived