IGNORED

1St Vs 2Nd

Big Red Rich

Any stattos out there know when we were last top of the league and playing the team in 2nd?!

It's fantastic after the last few dissapointing seasons to be involved in a 'top of the table clash' rather than '2 struggling teams battling it out'!

Hopefully tomorrow doesn't disappoint! Anyone know if were the featured game on the FLS?!

I went mate, It snowed a bit if I remember, Jimmy Lumsden was the manager.

I also remember back in 1983 (was it?) we played York City on a tuesday night in the bottom div. Wasn't that 1st vs 2nd?

Over 10k in the Gate and a great 1-0 win!

Think they were top, we were second but went top after that win. Paul Stevens scored.

We played a 1st v2nd at Ashton Gate against Watford with american football markings all over the pitch as I remember.

Yes, and the away game (when we were also 1st vs 2nd) was televised live on TV earlier in the season.  1-1 draw with Goater scoring I think, and a young Louis Carey playing alongside Shaun Taylor and pulling off a sliding tackle that I have never forgotten.

Any stattos out there know when we were last top of the league and playing the team in 2nd?!

It's fantastic after the last few dissapointing seasons to be involved in a 'top of the table clash' rather than '2 struggling teams battling it out'!

Hopefully tomorrow doesn't disappoint! Anyone know if were the featured game on the FLS?!

Sounds like you saw this article this morning?!

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CITY-BLOG-s-long-time-coming-table-clash/story-22999995-detail/story.html

That Watford away match I remember well for Goater's goal where he took his shot early beat the keeper and all in front of the several thousand City fans who had the pleasure of celebrating the goal before it eventually crossed the line.

Such was the celebrations, to this day I still do not know how I ended up in the next row of seats.

Happy days!

I am going to take a stab in the dark and say it was the 06/07 promotion season when we played Forest away? Lost 1-0 to a Kris Commons free-kick. We took over 4,000 that day.

Didn't go to that one but I was among the 167 that turned up for the JPT match a couple of weeks later. We won that one, Enoch scored the winner IIRC. 

Who on here went to Forrest in the FA cup, when we took 8k+ lost 4-1 I think..

Yep I was there.  Must admit the visit to Leicester in the previous round was a whole lot better.

We were miserable at Forest in that game.

Was Lumsden still there?  I know Denis Smith came in around that time.

I went mate, It snowed a bit if I remember, Jimmy Lumsden was the manager.

I also remember back in 1983 (was it?) we played York City on a tuesday night in the bottom div. Wasn't that 1st vs 2nd?

Over 10k in the Gate and a great 1-0 win!

Your right, I forgot about the snow!

Forrest had a hell of a side Keane, Clough, (MOTM) was Sheringham playing for them at time?

That Watford away match I remember well for Goater's goal where he took his shot early beat the keeper and all in front of the several thousand City fans who had the pleasure of celebrating the goal before it eventually crossed the line.

Such was the celebrations, to this day I still do not know how I ended up in the next row of seats.

Happy days!

Sure it was at the end away from us but so long ago now

Did we play at Coventry when they were 1st in GJs first CCC season?

Bristol City vs West Bromwich Albion September 2007

We were top they were second , bradders scored a injury time equaliser to keep us top

Archived