IGNORED

The Last Promotion Season

bucksred

Got the desert island books about City, for me birthday, great read..reminds me how low we have sunk at times!!

But looking at the stats at the back on Wardys teams when we went up, and there are quite a few familiar faces:

Mickey Bell, Keith Millen, Shaun Taylor, Louis Carey, Aaron and Marvin Brown, Matty Hewlett, Tommy Doherty, Tin Man, Matty Hill, and Steve Phillips,

Tony Thorpe joined the following season. Some or all of the other kids may have been on the fringes too.

Hewlett, Thorpe, and Marvin have now left, and Keith and Shaun are now back room staff.

My question is with so many faces still here from the last promotion, how come its been so damn difficult?

Christ we tried to blow it that season as well!!

Guest bristolbred
My question is with so many faces still here from the last promotion, how come its been so damn difficult?

Christ we tried to blow it that season as well!!

Injuries didn't help!!, :laugh:

Then there were below par performances against "lesser" teams, :laugh:

Bad substitutions!!, :laugh:

Lack of confidence in airial and set pieces, :laugh:

Negitivity from the fans, and the Manager. :laugh:

Self distruction by trying to sit on a 1-0 lead, and end up losing!!, :@

All of which will be addressed by the new manager and backroom staff by the start of next season, and we, the fans getting behind the team from the first kick of the ball, until the final whistle of the final game!!, :laugh::laugh:

We asked that in the early 80s. Many of the players who had won League games at Highbury, Old Trafford, Elland Road etc were now losing at Watford, Cambridge and Grimsby. :laugh: