IGNORED

Frank Fielding

Monkeh

Can not put any blame on frankie for that! As you are cityexile I'm guessing you didn't see it?

But he's correct, Fielding bottled it! He would have made that ball first if he'd have kept going for it.

And dont mistake flapping at crosses as good goalkeeping! He's too small and not commanding enough. Plus his spill of their first goal wasnt the best either.

Apart from that he's spot on!

But he's correct, Fielding bottled it! He would have made that ball first if he'd have kept going for it.

And dont mistake flapping at crosses as good goalkeeping! He's too small and not commanding enough. Plus his spill of their first goal wasnt the best either.

Apart from that he's spot on!

Bit harsh to call it a spill? Need to see it again to be fair but that wasn't my instinct. Don't recall any flapping, only solid catches and decent punches.

The save for their first was a good one, then he blocked the rebound. A shame he couldn't make it a triple save. As for the 2nd I was behind the goal so don't lnow if he would have got their first but it looked like he was trying to make their striker go round him and trick him. Never mind, 3 more points.

Fielding is a good goalkeeper and deserves his place but he is limited with his height.

How many times have we seen him come for a ball to weakly punch it away?

That said he is an excellent stopper and has sharp reflexes but we once had a keeper similar if not better with shot stopping in the guise of Steve Phillips and look at the stick he got.

Im afraid to say we still need better

He didnt bottle it. Afobe was always getting there first. Frankie tried to call his bluff unfortunately it didnt work.

Some great saves today including the double one which eventually lead to their goal.

You might not think he bottled it but pretty much everyone in B block who had the best view did.

You might not think he bottled it but pretty much everyone in B block who had the best view did.

Of course by not bottling it he may have got there a fraction late, brought the player down and got himself sent off.

I was level on the other side, and while FF did seem to be closer the MK player was pretty quick.

Right decision in my opinion, yes a goal but FF stayed on the pitch.

Exactly this. Only those with an exact side-on view could see that Fielding's rate of progress towards the ball was going to get him there first had he kept going.

That said there is no question that the error was fundamentally with Elliot rather than the keeper.

Totally disagree. He was sold well short by Elliott who then responded like a true captain.

Well, either way, he was put in that position by the primary error that was certainly Elliot's. Quite possibly was being over harsh, he had a decision to make, rather than a lack of bottle. Its a debating point as to whether he made the right one, which will be be thankfully lost in the afterglow of a great win, which he certainly made his contribution towards.

I thought he was very good today but he must do better for the first goal not push it out into the middle of the goal.

Its funny how we all see the game differently! On that one I thought he did very well, and it seemed like the rest of the defence was standing around watching.

Need to see these goals again!

Archived