IGNORED

Flint & Ayling

Welcome To The Jungle

In the second half Flint seemed to have an easy clearance if he just put his foot through the ball but opted instead for a short, stooped header to Ayling who did not read the situation at all. When the danger passed they were having a right go at each other (and if I was Ayling I would have done too as Flint should have just cleared it). The next attack Flint made a good tackle and as the ball went forward Ayling came up to Flint and high fived him and clearly bigged him up.

Just an example of the squad spirit and the desire to win coupled with constant encouragement on the pitch from all players

I think squad spirit, a common goal, self belief, morale if you like, is the main thing Cotterill has brought to this club.

Although I love what the guy's done, I agree with those who say he's not the most intellectual of managers. But if you can inspire people - well, you can't buy that skill!

I think squad spirit, a common goal, self belief, morale if you like, is the main thing Cotterill has brought to this club.

Although I love what the guy's done, I agree with those who say he's not the most intellectual of managers. But if you can inspire people - well, you can't buy that skill!

I think he suffers because of the accent. Let's face it, as our accent shares with the welsh, whatever you say in it no matter how profound sounds thick as pigshit. Not going to be popular but I'm afraid in my opinion it's true.

In any case he's talking to footballers who themselves have no reputation for reading war and peace.

I must say I've never found the content if what he says to be particularly inarticulate or to demonstrate a particular lack of intelligence.

I think he suffers because of the accent. Let's face it, as our accent shares with the welsh, whatever you say in it no matter how profound sounds thick as pigshit. Not going to be popular but I'm afraid in my opinion it's true.

In any case he's talking to footballers who themselves have no reputation for reading war and peace.

I must say I've never found the content if what he says to be particularly inarticulate or to demonstrate a particular lack of intelligence.

No a lack of intelligence wasn't what I meant, just not the sort of SOD cerebral type.

Which, let's face it, is just as bloody well! ;-)

No a lack of intelligence wasn't what I meant, just not the sort of SOD cerebral type.

Which, let's face it, is just as bloody well! ;-)

Absobloodylutely. Re SOD, in the words of Eyeball Paul 'boys, this blagger is pants'.

Absobloodylutely. Re SOD, in the words of Eyeball Paul 'boys, this blagger is pants'.

Van Gaal reminded me of SO'D today when he said about the players not understanding how he wants them to play.

If the players do not understand how the manager wants them to play then, in football as in all lines of work, that is bad management.

Van Gaal reminded me of SO'D today when he said about the players not understanding how he wants them to play.

If the players do not understand how the manager wants them to play then, in football as in all lines of work, that is bad management.

Understand the sentiment, but Van Gaal is proven over the very long term. I think he will yet show to be a phenomenal appointment and play a brand of football which will be really appealing rather than pass for the sake of passing: once the players understand their roles.

I did see Flint go ballistic at Ayling, but fair play to Ayling he was giving it back and standing up for himself. I just said on another thread that I thought Ayling had his best game for us so far. It would be easy for him to be undermind by a big character like Flint and was glad to see they soon were back to concentrating again. After all we all want the same thing, so badly.

That was ridiculous how Flint blamed Ayling. It was shocking defending from Flint, nothing wrong with Aylings lay off to him.

I do like that they both show passion though.

The way I saw it, Aylings pass was a little too hard and meant that Flint would have had to clear it in mid air on the volley with his left peg, not a skill he's renowned for. He flapped and tried too late to return it to Ayling but failed. He then suggested politely that it should have been cleared upfield.

So I'm the only one nervous about Ayling then. He's the one player that makes me hold my breath when he has the ball. A significant number of bad touches- though not much today.

And Williams and Flint make you calm do they? Ayling for me is the only defender we have who's comfortable on the ball.. Williams distribution for me is awful, but makes up with his brilliant defending, Everyone knows Flint strengths and weaknesses and Ayling, granted doesn't have the best first touch I think he's great at breaking out with the ball.

Archived