IGNORED

Purple & Lime Tomorrow...?

Vincent Vega

Is the white ever going to make an appearance?

I don't care in the slightest, but I guess those who bought them will.

Yo! I'm expecting to get slagged off for this but I'm totally with you Mr Slartibartfast.....in the mid 90s we got an amazing result wearing a quirky kit with lairy colours.

Ever since then we seem to have been a bit obsessed with the purple thing, our traditional away colours always were white shirts and black shorts.

If we had been stuffed out of sight by Liverpool that night no one would ever have mentioned the purple kit again.....and if we had been stuffed out of sight by Sheff Utd in the first game of this season no one would have clamoured for the purple kit again.

I just don't get this obsession with the purple and lime, yep we've had a couple of great results wearing that kit but that's all! It's not an iconic kit, far from it.

We bl**dy well beat Arsenal away wearing the white and black, that deserves more iconic status on it's own in my opinion.

So, hard hat on and sand bags all around me, yep I expect a barrage but I just don't get the obsession with then purple kit.

People seem to ask every week, 'will we be wearing the purple and lime on Saturday?' - I just don't get it.....

Yo! I'm expecting to get slagged off for this but I'm totally with you Mr Slartibartfast.....in the mid 90s we got an amazing result wearing a quirky kit with lairy colours.

Ever since then we seem to have been a bit obsessed with the purple thing, our traditional away colours always were white shirts and black shorts.

If we had been stuffed out of sight by Liverpool that night no one would ever have mentioned the purple kit again.....and if we had been stuffed out of sight by Sheff Utd in the first game of this season no one would have clamoured for the purple kit again.

I just don't get this obsession with the purple and lime, yep we've had a couple of great results wearing that kit but that's all! It's not an iconic kit, far from it.

We bl**dy well beat Arsenal away wearing the white and black, that deserves more iconic status on it's own in my opinion.

So, hard hat on and sand bags all around me, yep I expect a barrage but I just don't get the obsession with then purple kit.

People seem to ask every week, 'will we be wearing the purple and lime on Saturday?' - I just don't get it.....

Totally agree, but i think it's a generation thing . The kids back in the nineties associate that  kit with Liverpool  and are now in their thirties.Its the same as us with the White kit and Highbury.

I'm mid twenties, never watched us play in purple and lime and my only knowledge of the Liverpool game is youtube clips and stories from fans.

That being said I remember having the P&L kit as a kid, and oddly all my mates remember me having it so it stands out in my memory.

I guess it's because it was so different to the usual red white and white black combos.

I'm mid twenties, never watched us play in purple and lime and my only knowledge of the Liverpool game is youtube clips and stories from fans.

That being said I remember having the P&L kit as a kid, and oddly all my mates remember me having it so it stands out in my memory.

I guess it's because it was so different to the usual red white and white black combos.

That's a good point I've never thought about before.

Despite having the Thorn Security one, I have never seen us playing in purple and lime.

It appears some of the biggest objectors to it were the few who were following us around the country in the early to mid-nineties!

I said this on a thread a few months back 'Did we really need the 2nd kit (white one) in the first place , as the purple and lime wasn't going to clash with anyone this season ? The club made sure that they sold plenty of the white kit before announcing that 'the fans favourite' 3rd Kit would be released .

Clever planning by the club or fans just being ripped off again ?

Walsall have the exact same colours, as did Fleetwood. Strange, unless its the players preference?

I notice the players on Twitter all seem to have profile pictures of them playing in it. IMO it's the fact they like playing in it is in part seeing it used more than expected

Does it really matter to those who bought the white jersey how often we wear it? Surely you'd buy the shirt you like the most, not the one you think the players will wear the most. If that was your criteria you'd buy the red?

I personally like the purple and lime. But I couldn't care less which of our kits we play in as long as we play well.

I said this on a thread a few months back 'Did we really need the 2nd kit (white one) in the first place , as the purple and lime wasn't going to clash with anyone this season ? The club made sure that they sold plenty of the white kit before announcing that 'the fans favourite' 3rd Kit would be released .

Clever planning by the club or fans just being ripped off again ?

I bought the White one but couldn't really care less if it never gets used, over another colour that we get results in.

Still think that blokes in there 30's and 40's waring football shirts looks odd. No matter what the coulor.

Not as odd as someone having an opinion on what a grown man should or shouldn't choose to wear.

Do you have nothing else to worry yourself about..?!

Not as odd as someone having an opinion on what a grown man should or shouldn't choose to wear.

Do you have nothing else to worry yourself about..?!

I don't think it is odd at all, that is just your opinion.  A lot of people will make assumptions about you by the clothes you wear.

And an opinion is just that, an opinion.  And a forum seems a good place to express an opinion, whether you agree with it or not.

Archived