IGNORED

Ebola

Barrs Court Red

Condidering it's has been around for years why has it suddenly become a major issue? Media hype?

There have only been two major outbreaks: one in Congo in the mid 70s and this one.  The Congo one was in a very remote area and it didn't spread to urbanised areas, the current one - however - has, and is the only time cases have occured outside equatorial Africa.

Just the latest story to get everyone excited.

Now Oscar Pistorius has been sorted, expect Boko Haram to display the 200 kidnapped schoolgirls for some headlines soon

Haven't Boko Harem already released them? Got a bit hidden with other news, which is a bit strange given the coverage when they were taken!

There have only been two major outbreaks: one in Congo in the mid 70s and this one.  The Congo one was in a very remote area and it didn't spread to urbanised areas, the current one - however - has, and is the only time cases have occured outside equatorial Africa.

You are forgetting the cases in Cedar Creek, California in 1995.

Swine flu and bird flu were going to kill everybody.

Operation be scared of everything continues, keep your eyes and ears peeled to the news channels for next weeks scare story.

What next, man milk on ladies skin will cause acne?

The world's best skin lotion. Prevents acne and wrinkles and promotes breast development. Must be true - I read it in Facebook.

The Ebola thing became more like a brand than a disease to be scared of. Talking about Ebola is trending at the moment. I saw some ridiculous stuff - a plush toy Ebola, sexy Ebola costume and so on. Spreading the word is more viral than the actual disease. Anyway, I am sure they will come up with some vaccine or pills to fill their pockets of the scared people.

PS: Hi btw, new to the forum :)

Archived