IGNORED

Here We Go Again

Monkeh

Just out of interest if City played one game overseas would anyone go?

could the mjority of fans afford to go?

football is barely afordable as it is, Ticket prices at an all time high etc,

Our prices are too high but at least they are reasonable compared to most other clubs in this league and any league for that fact,

I really wish a top flight club goes bankrupt mid season, sorry to the fans but football is to unsustanable now the greed at the top of the game is shameful,

the players are out of touch to most at almost all levels

its got to give soon

I absolutely detest this idea. Its ridiculous.

I understand there is huge demand in Asia and the US, but they need to appreciate its the English game and if you want to go see it then you need to come over to England. That may be a selfish view, but that's the way it should be.

We all want to see City play as high as we possibly can, and I'd love to be travelling to United, Arsenal, Chelsea etc to watch us, but I really want nothing to do with the Premier League. I hate everything about it. At least in the lower leagues you feel a bit of connection to your club. As a United fan, you cant possibly feel any more connection than some guy in China watching over some dodgy Internet stream.

The game has been taken over by the money men and is rapidly disappearing up it's own arsehole.

The only people that care a jot about the premier league being popular in other countries are the people looking to make money out of it.

**** 'em. **** the lot of 'em

If the match was a home game would we get a partial refund on my ST as I might not be able to get to Miami to watch the fixture I've paid for?

No probably not.

Sure SL would pay for everyone travelling?!

It's going to happen at some point

We, the fans, don't matter anymore. They've got us by the short and curlies, it's the emerging markets and the never ceasing quest for new fans that appeals to the PL and it's members

Hope they go play a game in Botswana and it's watched by a crowd of people in City shirts!

How would they decide what fixtures would be played abroad? Assuming a "round of fixtures" means one weekend all games will be played abroad, will they fix the games to ensure the top teams play each other? Or for the top teams play the less attractive teams to ensure a worthy turn out?

No disrespect intended but I cant see Burnley v West Brom attracting a huge crowd?!

Surely the most suitable solution would be for the Premier League to endorse a few pre-season tournaments. Not much different to the tours that the big clubs do already.

No disrespect intended but I cant see Burnley v West Brom attracting a huge crowd?!

Surely the most suitable solution would be for the Premier League to endorse a few pre-season tournaments. Not much different to the tours that the big clubs do already.

Good point. Burnley v West Brom doesn't even attract a good crowd in this country. It's only the big clubs that want this sort of thing, so a foreign pre season mini cup competition abroad should keep them happy.

No because I support a football club that plays its home games in the City of Bristol.

This idea is lunacy. Not eco friendly because plenty of fans would want to travel to wherever the game is played. France or Thailand? Ireland or Indonesia?

If it goes ahead, for me it is a good reason not to ever attain Premiership status.

If it was because City had qualified for a European competition, yes.

If it was being played there for no reason other than to the further line the pockets of the already-rich, at the expense of the loyal supporters who made the club what it is in the first place - but couldn't even contemplate being able to afford travelling 1000s of miles to watch a game that would otherwise have been played at Ashton Gate - absolutely not.

Richard Scudamore. Can anyone think of anyone in football who is more anti-football (aside from the humorous responses)?

Maybe we should bar him from AG. City fan my arse..

It might be a good idea to follow rugby and have end of season play-offs to determine who the champions are and who gets the CL places. Perhaps the top 8 could play-off and all of these matches can be played abroad as they are effectively extra games. The good thing about this is City, if we ever made the PL would stand a chance of becoming champions. Also, it would give us a chance to visit some of the greatest stadia in the world as from another thread I've ascertained that it is important for us to visit Wembley no matter how unimportant the competition is. This way we get a chance to visit cathedrals of sport such as Yankee Stadium and the Maracana in a very meaningful competition.

I'll bet no-one on here complains when the NFL brings a fixture to London.

Odd statement. Im sure there are American NFL fans who don't like it... much like no one in USA is going to complain about a Premier League game coming to them.

If the NFL is the comparison we are making then I fear for our beautiful game. I wouldn't want to see football end up anything like the NFL setup.

Archived