IGNORED

Just Back ...

Rudolf Hucker

... from the lounge.

A really good performance from the lads. Corey Smith was outstanding in every aspect of the game. Great to see JET back in the team - he can look so lazy at times then suddenly purr into action, burst past players and play a sublime pass. Ayling looked solid in defence and dangerous going forward. Flint was a rock. Burns played really well and scored with a super header; just a shame Baldock gave him one-on-one coaching because he should have scored a second.

All round a very solid performance and so good to watch.

First visit to Whaddon Rd. Nice little ground. Sat in the Wyman Rd stand, prefer a half-way line view, though of course I was amongst the 'Nam supporters. Thought we looked at least a division above them in our movement and passing and with a bit more composure could of had one or two more. Their goal came from a mishit pass according to home supporter in the adjoining seat, though it was met by a good header.

All the players played well, perhaps Cunningham had a bit of a quiet game though still did well, Ayling was one of our best, along with JET and Smith who took a little while to impose themselves on the game before starting to run things.

The home supporters were muttering how strong we were on and off the ball and how we out-passed them and out-fought them. and I thought we totally out-played them apart from a brief period in the second half when they put us under a bit of pressure.

Chap next to me made me smile when he said your fans are ok, never any trouble, unlike the Rovers fans who are a horrible unpleasant bunch!

Got to say Ayling looked a real buccaneering centre back.  His runs out of defence had Cheltenham back peddling all night, really does give midfield and strikers options when he rampages out from the back like that.

Smith was brilliant again.  What an inspired signing, how he ever dropped back down to this level god only knows, he is a Tommy D with pace and fitness.  I hope we can hang onto the lad.

Got to say Ayling looked a real buccaneering centre back.  His runs out of defence had Cheltenham back peddling all night, really does give midfield and strikers options when he rampages out from the back like that.

Smith was brilliant again.  What an inspired signing, how he ever dropped back down to this level god only knows, he is a Tommy D with pace and fitness.  I hope we can hang onto the lad.

That is a very good point. He does have Doc traits, but a bit more about his game.

I loved Tommy Doherty when he played for us - one of me fav City players. Korey Smith, from the off, has been my best player for City this season.

Unsung by many at the start (on otib), but I can see what he offers us. He now has shown how much more he can potentially offer. Reminds me of Mulumbu/Makelele.

Got to say Ayling looked a real buccaneering centre back. His runs out of defence had Cheltenham back peddling all night, really does give midfield and strikers options when he rampages out from the back like that.

Smith was brilliant again. What an inspired signing, how he ever dropped back down to this level god only knows, he is a Tommy D with pace and fitness. I hope we can hang onto the lad.

Really liked Aylings forward runs.Reminds me of Mark Shail or when Carey used to go on their rampages.

First visit to Whaddon Rd. Nice little ground. Sat in the Wyman Rd stand, prefer a half-way line view, though of course I was amongst the 'Nam supporters. Thought we looked at least a division above them in our movement and passing and with a bit more composure could of had one or two more. Their goal came from a mishit pass according to home supporter in the adjoining seat, though it was met by a good header.

All the players played well, perhaps Cunningham had a bit of a quiet game though still did well, Ayling was one of our best, along with JET and Smith who took a little while to impose themselves on the game before starting to run things.

The home supporters were muttering how strong we were on and off the ball and how we out-passed them and out-fought them. and I thought we totally out-played them apart from a brief period in the second half when they put us under a bit of pressure.

Chap next to me made me smile when he said your fans are ok, never any trouble, unlike the Rovers fans who are a horrible unpleasant bunch!

A friend of mine is a QPR fan but went to see Wycombe against Rovers. He said the Wycombe fans were quite refined but the Rovers' were really awful - he liked the analogy of the "16:53 Horse Punchers" !

Agree. And I have mentioned this before - see how he always seems to be smiling whenever he tackles, passes or even takes a throw-in (as he did numerous times last night).

Wolves ,Barnsley,Blackpool,Sheffield Utd and now with old mate Rob Edwards at Tranmere .

I think the boy done good .

think he came on as a sub when we played sheff utd at home last year

I must be getting Remiss in my old age, :unsure:

Archived