IGNORED

Burns For Agard?

old_eastender

Given official site says Agard is only 50/50, wonder if that's why Wilbs started with Burns up top last night (as might have though Wilbs would be rested).

Burns on last night's showing and the recent Wales u-21 game has potential, but needs to show more composure too. Terrific leap for 1st goal, chased and harried really well, but should have played in an unmarked Wilbs in first half and certainly should have scored from one-on-one second half.

Reckon he will start Saturday, rather than JET, if Agard is not fit.

Pretty sure Cotterill said beforehand that if Agard was fit that Wilbraham would have been rested last night.

I'm a big fan of Wes but if Agard is out it is a no brainer to pick someone who scored 21 times last season in his place.

JET and Wilbraham upfront is a recipe for long ball, personally I'd rest Wilbraham as he's played a lot this season, and play Wes and Burns upfront in Agards injured. If he's fit then play JET and Agard

Wes and Burns upfront.. might be a little short on numbers, but agree ( assuming you meant JET and Wes).

3 up top

Freeman Wilbraham jet

you mean along the lines of,

Fielding

Ayling Flint Williams

Little Elliot Freeman Smith Bryan

Jet

Wilbraham

I don't think personally Jet and Wilbraham up to will work, I think we would be tempted to go long too much, then again Cotts knows best and its a nice problem to have,

In my opinion JET needs to be sold in January.  My personal thoughts are, he is lazy, unfit, and will never, apart from spells, show his full potential.  

If all that was actually true (I don't agree with you in the slightest BTW, but not my point here); then who is going to buy him?

You basically described someone who shouldn't be a professional footballer, so do you think we should just cancel his contract and cut him loose?

If we're going to play JET then we should play the same front three as against Cheltenham, I was really impressed with the understanding they had. If necessary would put Freeman on the bench, he's done nothing wrong but I think lately the team's been tiring a bit near the end of games which is why we've been losing leads - if we're going to maintain our unbeaten run we need to start making use of the squad more and bring in some fresh players before the regulars start getting injuries through tiredness.

If all that was actually true (I don't agree with you in the slightest BTW, but not my point here); then who is going to buy him?

You basically described someone who shouldn't be a professional footballer, so do you think we should just cancel his contract and cut him loose?

Ok, maybe I was being a bit harsh. JET at the moment doesn't offer anything more than we've already got.  Don't get me wrong, on this day JET could be the best player in this league.  He is frustrating to say the least. Of course I don't think that we should terminate his contract, but I certainly think we should cash in on him, as he isn't giving anything towards the squad at the moment.

Ok, maybe I was being a bit harsh. JET at the moment doesn't offer anything more than we've already got. Don't get me wrong, on this day JET could be the best player in this league. He is frustrating to say the least. Of course I don't think that we should terminate his contract, but I certainly think we should cash in on him, as he isn't giving anything towards the squad at the moment.

I don't disagree on a lot of the points, though I think calling him lazy is unfair; against Cheltenham (only his second start of the whole season) he took a while to warm up, but then was our most creative player. Plus, his one sub appearance where he's played more than ten mins against Notts C he was impressive.

That said... the team certainty doesn't need him, at least not right now. But if he isn't going to be our back up, we desperately need another option, as if Wednesday taught us anything, it is that Burns has great raw talent, but he's decision making/composure is far behind what we need on the bench during a promotion campaign.

Archived