IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Chesterfield Match Day Thread

We go again then on a day when I wonder if more people prefer not to watch the Sochi 'Stitch Up' Grand Prix where Putrid Putin fixed it for a second Russian driver to participate or indeed do the opposite to marvel at the carefully choreographed 'event' ensuring everything goes according to the facile plan only a dictatorship trying to educate the illiterate that this in fact a democracy.

Rant over... now on to proper sport and City v The Spireites poses another question of our resolve to overcome; what is so beautiful about this game, below the (there is that word again) putrid premiership, is how each match the same question can be posed. The inevitability of the unpredictability is marvellously mouth watering.

That said we are so deferential in the UK and the west country in particular that we even now do not afford ourselves much in the way of greater confidence. Always saying, like I have just done, how unpredictable every game is. Perhaps not so unpredictable in our very own case but you get my point across most of the Football League. 

It will be a game whichever way anybody on this forum pulls it apart and it won't be easy. No game can be defined as easy except the minuscule few. One thing those great fans who go week in and week out can expect from Steve Cotterills men, however, is a team oozing confidence and displaying that with some classy football none of us could have imagined remotely possible 1 year ago.

3-1

No hangover MOTMonth for our gaffer or team.

Well done on that gong Steve.

• Like 2

Wow, what a detailed opening post for the match thread.  How long did it take you to conjure up that, Hava?

We all know today could be a tough game, and probably should be, when you consider Chesterfield's form and the fact they have a true danger man upfront (Doyle), but I expect us to confirm our credentials today as top dogs and win this by 2 goals.

Wow, what a detailed opening post for the match thread.  How long did it take you to conjure up that, Hava?

We all know today could be a tough game, and probably should be, when you consider Chesterfield's form and the fact they have a true danger man upfront (Doyle), but I expect us to confirm our credentials today as top dogs and win this by 2 goals.

7.6 minutes. I like a good story and since i am the official thread organiser, not always getting there on time i might add, i have a duty to entertain.. that is what I attempt to do anyway :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Got a feeling we might taste our first defeat today. Sorry everyone

I get that feeling before every game at the moment but Ive enjoyed being wrong.

It's got to happen sooner or later and Chesterfield are in form.

At the end of the day, I do think it's all about us. When we perform we can be too strong for most in L1. The day we turn up and don't perform, there are enough teams that will be decent enough to turn us over.

I get that feeling before every game at the moment but Ive enjoyed being wrong.

It's got to happen sooner or later and Chesterfield are in form.

At the end of the day, I do think it's all about us. When we perform we can be too strong for most in L1. The day we turn up and don't perform, there are enough teams that will be decent enough to turn us over.

I'm more than happy to be proved wrong!
  • Like 1

Think burns did enough to get the nod if agard isn't fit. He will score. City will win 3 1.

Anyone know how many tickets were left when it was made all ticket?

when I booked my ticket yesterday evening there were barely any left - maximum of 2 per block in the ones I looked at in the dolman and Williams Edited by City169

For the first time this century, I agree with some of what Aizoon says.

We ALWAYS score 3, so it is just a case of how leaky the back 3 / 5 is.

Possible scores, therefor are:-

3-0

3-1

3-2

Can't see them getting 3 ..............

TFR

P.S. Aizoon, have you checked Horaces temperature today?

7.6 minutes. I like a good story and since i am the official thread organiser, not always getting there on time i might add, i have a duty to entertain.. that is what I attempt to do anyway :rolleyes:

It's official is it havana? You are the official Official Match Thread starter?

Congratulations, well done mate.  :clap:

Keep 'em coming - early, and rambling, as you like. :yes:

For the first time this century, I agree with some of what Aizoon says.

We ALWAYS score 3, so it is just a case of how leaky the back 3 / 5 is.

Possible scores, therefor are:-

3-0

3-1

3-2

Can't see them getting 3 ..............

TFR

P.S. Aizoon, have you checked Horaces temperature today?

Horace isn't well!...Thoughts are with you Horace! Get well soon my spikey friend!!

The average number of points needed for automatic promotion from league 1 over the last eight seasons is 86. The minimum was 81 in 2007/8, and maximum 91 in 2011/12.

The average points needed for sixth spot over the same period is 72. Minimum 68 last year, and max 75 in 2008/9.

This was a public service announcement. Thank you for listening.

TFR