IGNORED

Full House Today But Only 12500 ?

DT The Optimist

Told that the ends of the dolman, block A and J closed due to Health safety as not enough turnstiles to get people in and out. makes you wonder why a small bit of work to allow access would pay for itself ?

If so, it's a poor excuse. I arrived at approx 2.35 to get into the Dolman and it took about a minute to get in.

Loads of gaps looking across at the lower Dolman. Can't believe it was a full house. Unless limits are also included on the lower Dolman?

What I don't get is that half the Dolman leave early anyway so can't see what the problem is with having enough turnstiles.

I thought they had an allocation of 1100, meaning over five hundred seats were wasted. The club highlighted this fact on the OS I believe.

Disgraceful really, I think the blame lies with chesterfield here.

EDIT: actually maybe not. I seem to remember Dave L stating that the away allocation was fixed due to the internal layout of the atyeo meaning segregation couldn't be altered. If this is the case, looks as though it's gonna happen quite a bit. Especially gonna get painful when we lose the dolman lower in the new year.

Doesn't make financial sense to not sell tickets up to kick off, surely the club needs the money.

What's the point of having loads of empty seats.

Well if you did that and say an extra 1,000 people turned up thinking they can pay up to kick off and there's no tickets left there would a lot of very unhappy people. The answer is, 'with this limited capacity for a couple of seasons', get your tickets early.

I thought they had an allocation of 1100, meaning over five hundred seats were wasted. The club highlighted this fact on the OS I believe.

Disgraceful really, I think the blame lies with chesterfield here.

EDIT: actually maybe not. I seem to remember Dave L stating that the away allocation was fixed due to the internal layout of the atyeo meaning segregation couldn't be altered. If this is the case, looks as though it's gonna happen quite a bit. Especially gonna get painful when we lose the dolman lower in the new year.

I said this to a mate yesterday but was reminded about the seats in the Dolman that are currently covered. They can use these to make up for any shortfall as it's purely down to numbers and exits available.

One thing that a steward said yesterday, the Dolman turnstyles will be going soon and hand scanners will be used as they are trying to bring forward the build.

Loads of gaps looking across at the lower Dolman. Can't believe it was a full house. Unless limits are also included on the lower Dolman?

What I don't get is that half the Dolman leave early anyway so can't see what the problem is with having enough turnstiles.

Except that people don't leave, they just make their way towards the exits and leave on the final whistle. A newly refurbished  stadium with multiple vomitories will solve this. It would, of course, be nice to see a more detailed plan  ..... :whistle:

I said this to a mate yesterday but was reminded about the seats in the Dolman that are currently covered. They can use these to make up for any shortfall as it's purely down to numbers and exits available.

It'll certainly help but those two blocks won't cover the losses incurred by the removal of the lower tier. We'll still be squeezed further. Even if it's only something like 250 seats, that's still a further kick in the goolies for a fair few people who could stand to miss the finer moments of a memorable season.

Archived