IGNORED

Wilbraham Lucky To Stay On?

Randy Marsh

I thought so after what looked like a two footed lunge on their slow, technically lacking, dirty CB and sticking in an extra few studs after for good measure.

It certainly put an end to any of their boys putting the late boot in.

Good work Wilbs! He's experienced enough to know when he can get away with it.

Is this the moment their player was having what look to be having a fit, then rolled around, then stopped to look around, then throwing another fit before rolling around again? Oh and then getting up without treatment when a minute before it was touch and go whether or not he would walk again!

Nothing in it...

No, I recall that one, this was after that. A very mini brawl broke out. The bloke was hurt in this instance.

Is this the moment their player was having what look to be having a fit, then rolled around, then stopped to look around, then throwing another fit before rolling around again? Oh and then getting up without treatment when a minute before it was touch and go whether or not he would walk again!

Nothing in it...

No, think that was another challenge ?

Nothing in it...

that was the time agard have him a light touch on the back

Nothing in it...

Seriously injured players do not roll around. They lie still because of the pain and maybe an unconscious awareness that to move may cause more damage.

That shirt pulling, pushing and shoving centre half was trying to get a fellow pro sent off for a good hard tackle.

Wes's injury time winner stuffed it up him!

Seriously injured players do not roll around. They lie still because of the pain and maybe an unconscious awareness that to move may cause more damage.

That shirt pulling, pushing and shoving centre half was trying to get a fellow pro sent off for a good hard tackle.

Wes's injury time winner stuffed it up him!

I said that at the time. All this writhing about is taken from what they see in the Italian and Spanish leagues.

It's notable that despite various Chesterfield players going down as if shot by snipers, their physio at no point looked like coming on the field. 

After the ball went away and they were walking back both myself and the steward stood behind me that I was chatting too , witnessed the number 5, and wilbs both connect heads... Lucky to stay on the pitch for that alone in my books

There's no place for snogging in this game. Don't like to see that at a football game. Keep that to the dressing room.

After the ball went away and they were walking back both myself and the steward stood behind me that I was chatting too , witnessed the number 5, and wilbs both connect heads... Lucky to stay on the pitch for that alone in my books

Perhaps they were fortunate that the ref was totally inept.

But isn't it good to see that no longer do we have a side full of weak willed losers. Football just mirrors real life where those who are more determined to succeed and survive do so even if in many cases, they are less skilled or talented than others who lack grit and determination.

The current Bristol City squad are not going to be bullied into submission like some of their predecessors.

Some refs would have taken action against Flint for his reaction after Fielding got a kicking from Doyle(?) when he was holding the ball on the ground.  Surprised the Chesterfield player didn't go to ground to try & get him sent off.

Personally I think Doyle had a right to go for that one. Fielding dropped the ball and if it was at the other end I would be disappointed if Agard or wilbs didnt go in for it.

Personally I think Doyle had a right to go for that one. Fielding dropped the ball and if it was at the other end I would be disappointed if Agard or wilbs didnt go in for it.

Doyle attempted to kick it out of his hands, but actually succeeded in landing his foot in Frank's stomach. Hence the reaction, hence the card.

Wilbs caught their fat no 5 a good whack after being taken out from behind near the h-w line by him. Wilbs had done a slightly theatrical (for him) dive and the ref waved play on, but Wilbs knew who it was and 'accidentally' whacked him a few mins later moving past him. Don't want him to get caught for that away from home somewhere. As already said, that ref wasn't going to book or dismiss one of ours after his appalling decisions throughout the game - eg ignoring Burns lying stricken on the ground while they attacked yet halting play for their man who went down at some other point in the play.

Chesterfield's theatrics and rolling around was pathetic and something strangely out of place in this div. Reminded me of playing some 'foreigners' in the Champ a few years back when they'd give it some floor gymnastics to get a free-kick. Their midfield pr*cks rolling around and then getting up to play on were very un-British. The writhing of the no 11 (no 8?) to try and con the ref for a pen in the 2nd half was laughable...but why wasn't he booked? It was right in front of lino and was a blatant attempt to hoodwink the officials.

They played some of the best football down here this season...but got what they deserved for cheating.

Wilbs caught their fat no 5 a good whack after being taken out from behind near the h-w line by him. Wilbs had done a slightly theatrical (for him) dive and the ref waved play on, but Wilbs knew who it was and 'accidentally' whacked him a few mins later moving past him. Don't want him to get caught for that away from home somewhere. As already said, that ref wasn't going to book or dismiss one of ours after his appalling decisions throughout the game - eg ignoring Burns lying stricken on the ground while they attacked yet halting play for their man who went down at some other point in the play.

Chesterfield's theatrics and rolling around was pathetic and something strangely out of place in this div. Reminded me of playing some 'foreigners' in the Champ a few years back when they'd give it some floor gymnastics to get a free-kick. Their midfield pr*cks rolling around and then getting up to play on were very un-British. The writhing of the no 11 (no 8?) to try and con the ref for a pen in the 2nd half was laughable...but why wasn't he booked? It was right in front of lino and was a blatant attempt to hoodwink the officials.

They played some of the best football down here this season...but got what they deserved for cheating.

Apologies for replying to my own post, but looking at the goals just now, I see Wilbs says something - probably not-so-friendly - in the direction of no 5 as he passes him to celebrate with Wes & the mob after that winner. Hope it wasn't a full-scale Frank Rijkaard gob into Rudi Voller's appalling mullet type incident, but he certainly has anedge about him, does Wilbs. Keep it this side of a red card That Man! We need you.

Their number 5 deserved all he got.

If Chesterfield had stuck to playing good football instead of all their nasty stuff, the home crowd wouldn't have been so noisy, and they might have got a different result. In the end they got exactly what they deserved...NOTHING!

And I bet that really hurt.

Well played Wilbs.

Archived