IGNORED

Nyatanga

bcfctim

I felt a bit sorry for Nyatanga.  He was at the club during one of our toughest spells and I felt he struggled with not having a leader in defence next to him.  I wouldn't take him back but I don't think he was an awful player - albeit one a bit prone to mistakes and lapses in concentration.

Of the same opinion. Had he a decent CB playing alongside him would of helped.

I felt a bit sorry for Nyatanga. He was at the club during one of our toughest spells and I felt he struggled with not having a leader in defence next to him. I wouldn't take him back but I don't think he was an awful player - albeit one a bit prone to mistakes and lapses in concentration.

Couldnt you say he should have been the leader?

Not a terrible player but wouldnt get near our current first team.

Couldnt you say he should have been the leader?

Not a terrible player but wouldnt get near our current first team.

You could, of course.  But you could have said that of pretty much our entire first team in recent years and the truth is everyone has strengths and weaknesses - and any defender playing at the lower end of the Championship is going to have aspects of their game which aren't perfect.   I don't particularly blame him for not being a leader.  But neither him nor Fontaine were, and I'm not even sure leadership came naturally to Carey so it was a massive problem for the team.

But yeah, he wouldn't get in our current first team.

Archived