IGNORED

3-4-3 V Coventry

Pickle Rick

SC said post match he's wanted to play a 3-4-3 now things are going well. We switched to this when Burns came in, though to be honest, I didn't notice it was actually 3-4-3.

Do you think we'll go for this at Coventry given that Smith is now out?

Fielding

Williams

Flint

Ayling

Bryan

Elliott

Pack

Freeman

Burns/Wagstaff

Freeman

Wilbs

Agard

Will be interested to see how he approaches this game as he's got a forced change to make. What with his 'wanting' to play 3-4-3, we may see a different game plan from the norm on Saturday.

On another note, I'm hoping for a strong away following as tickets are already low from our 1900 original allocation. I'm getting 2 tomorrow :)

Think that system might suit Freeman and Agard better playing as wide forwards, but at the same time do we really need to change it when we're going so well?

Although having said that it's the same starting 11 so it's the sort of tweak we could make during the game ifIit's not going so well

SC said post match he's wanted to play a 3-4-3 now things are going well. We switched to this when Burns came in, though to be honest, I didn't notice it was actually 3-4-3.

Fielding

Williams

Flint

Ayling

Bryan

Elliott

Pack

Freeman

Burns/Wagstaff

Freeman

Wilbs

Agard

Will be interested to see how he approaches this game as he's got a forced change to make. What with his 'wanting' to play 3-4-3, we may see a different game plan from the norm on Saturday.

On another note, I'm hoping for a strong away following as tickets are already low from our 1900 original allocation. I'm getting 2 tomorrow :)

Allocation of 1900 sold out a couple of days ago, got increased to 2600

Fielding

Williams

Flint

Ayling

Bryan

Elliott

Pack

Freeman

Burns/Wagstaff

Freeman

Wilbs

Agard

He will only pick Freeman once I reckon

Fewer men in midfield with a midfield two that includes Freeman is very weak indeed.

Weaker maybe without Smith, but not very weak. Wader can sit in-front of the back three and I would expect JET to drop off the front two slightly and link up with Freeman leaving Agard and Wilbs to do the damage ahead of them. Both Bryan and Little will have to work even harder in this formation and be a tad more defensive but they are fit enough and more than capable of adapting to any formation. I think it will work fine and maybe even improve on what we have shown so far if that is possible !      

They play three central midfielders and they win the game. You are relying on Freeman to tackle and JET to track back!

Doubt they will play 3 in the middle at home but if they do then it could even work in our favour. Not relying on Freeman and JET to track back, I'm relying on the WHOLE team to track back ! The most impressive thing with are start to the season is the way everyone works when we don't have the ball. You only need to look at the amount of mileage Agard and Wilbs get through in a game to know that Cotts expects everyone to know their defensive duties and that includes JET. With the personnel we have this season the formation open to SC is very fluid and he appears to have confidence in every member of his squad. Long may it continue.  

Archived