IGNORED

Saturday's Penalty

Ian M

Retrospective bans are the only way I can see any progress with this.  There are cameras at every game, more than one at most, the footage could be studied after and if 100% sure he dived 2 matches or more if another player suffered due to the dive (booked or sent off etc).

The guy Saturday should be embarrassed .

I'm not sure how you would enforce a rule like that?, What would the benefit/punishment be to each team? A foul is a foul whether he stays on his feet or not. Refs need to start giving free kicks and penalties to players that do try and stay on their feet, at the moment this is not happening. At least not on a regular basis

That's what I'm saying, if it looks like you've gone to ground deliberately then the foul doesn't stand.

Going down easily is simulation for me - which is an offence under the rules so they can happily cancel each other out.

Retrospective bans are the only way I can see any progress with this.  There are cameras at every game, more than one at most, the footage could be studied after and if 100% sure he dived 2 matches or more if another player suffered due to the dive (booked or sent off etc).

The guy Saturday should be embarrassed .

We are not really talking about a dive in this penalty award  though. We are talking about a player who went down 'too easy; after a lot of people feel on here was fouled. I agree that a retrospective ban would be good for people who have made a blatant dive when he wasn't touched but this isn't the case here with the penalty. The later one was though. 

my initial reaction was penalty, having seen it again I would have been most aggrieved if it was the other way around and we hadn't got it. Poor decision by WIlliams and he made another one in the second half, pulling back a guy who had over run the ball and was about to be tackled by JB.

Also what happened when Joe breezed into their penalty area in the second half? Did he fall or was it a good tackle?

my initial reaction was penalty, having seen it again I would have been most aggrieved if it was the other way around and we hadn't got it. Poor decision by WIlliams and he made another one in the second half, pulling back a guy who had over run the ball and was about to be tackled by JB.

Also what happened when Joe breezed into their penalty area in the second half? Did he fall or was it a good tackle?

it is horrendous defending from Williams. Luckily he made up for it.

I'm not sure how you would enforce a rule like that?, What would the benefit/punishment be to each team? A foul is a foul whether he stays on his feet or not. Refs need to start giving free kicks and penalties to players that do try and stay on their feet, at the moment this is not happening. At least not on a regular basis

Years ago attackers would never pass up an opportunity to score but these days I see them fall over in the hope of getting a penalty and maybe a sending off. Their reward for cheating is a penalty and having to play against 10 for the rest of the game. This tactic seems to be used a lot in EUFA games which are often ruined by teams going down to 10.

Maybe it's time for referees to be able to award two goals for a proper outfield goal and only 1 for a free kick or pen  :laughcont: 

Years ago attackers would never pass up an opportunity to score but these days I see them fall over in the hope of getting a penalty and maybe a sending off. Their reward for cheating is a penalty and having to play against 10 for the rest of the game. This tactic seems to be used a lot in EUFA games which are often ruined by teams going down to 10.

Maybe it's time for referees to be able to award two goals for a proper outfield goal and only 1 for a free kick or pen :laughcont:

Maybe it's time for referees to apply the laws of the game as they exist. Simulation is an offence. Bloody well punish it.

Archived