IGNORED

50 Iconic Fa Cup Goals

alandicks

Surely City and Donnie Gillies should be included for the winner against Leeds Utd on 19th February 1974. Leeds were top of the then Division One, unbeaten and nine points clear of Liverpool. We drew 1-1 at home and then performed a miracle as a below midway team from the second division beat mighty Leeds. Gillies beat Norman Hunter to the ball and slid the ball home.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29250362

For a full report see the following link

http://www.mightyleeds.co.uk/matches/19740219.htm

The Mill Stad produced some bloody good finals.  Much better place pre match than Wembley too.

Expect Tinnion will make it into the 50, they've still got 22 spaces left.

As usual its packed with the usual finals between the top clubs. They have also forgotten Ronnie Radfords beauty for Hereford vs Newcastle in early 70s, too that has to be one of the most iconic

Agree with this.

We never really got the credit we were due for this result, I think largely because it was played on a mid-week afternoon due to power shortages, and didn't get the media coverage it might have got if it had been played on a Saturday afternoon.

Not sure if this is true, as I collected copies of the following day's national papers, most of which had titles of "City slickers" as headlines on the front page, including pictures.

Not sure if this is true, as I collected copies of the following day's national papers, most of which had titles of "City slickers" as headlines on the front page, including pictures.

First ever football photo on front page of the Times.

Archived