IGNORED

Gus Mafuta Gone To Weston

Kid in the Riot

From everything I've heard about this lad, is it not a bit disappointing that he's gone as low as Weston (no offence intended!)? Observers of the u21s have often mentioned this lad as being one of the most likely to break through in the short term and if that were the case, surely we should be aiming to get him to a team in the conference prem at least?

From everything I've heard about this lad, is it not a bit disappointing that he's gone as low as Weston (no offence intended!)? Observers of the u21s have often mentioned this lad as being one of the most likely to break through in the short term and if that were the case, surely we should be aiming to get him to a team in the conference prem at least?

I thought so too, but it could be that we are doing a local club a favour while letting him go somewhere he can still train with us during the week. 

Talking of The Super Mareyyy... can anyone shed any light as to why Ding Dong was given the job considering he fouled up big time at Clevedon? He is in process of doing the same down the coast. ??

I don't know either club, but looking at the previous post that says that WSM are concentrating on their academy players, perhaps he is known to be a better coach with youngsters than older heads?

Joe bryan went to bath a couple of years ago and it turned out alright for him. I reckon its just getting him somewhere he can play every week and still train with us.

Totally agree, thought he'd join Forest Green or Torquay for a month.

Joe bryan went to bath a couple of years ago and it turned out alright for him. I reckon its just getting him somewhere he can play every week and still train with us.

I appreciate that, just from what I'd read about Mafuta he isn't a million miles from 1st team level so thought he might have got a gig at, say, Forest Green. I guess if the main concern is him being able to train with us then it makes sense

Talking of The Super Mareyyy... can anyone shed any light as to why Ding Dong was given the job considering he fouled up big time at Clevedon? He is in process of doing the same down the coast. ??

Money is very tight at Weston,but they have a decent academy which is producing players.

The club decided to utilise the academy,and MB was happy to go with this, it will take time, but also means they aren't throwing money at lower level journeymen semi pros.

The FA cup run that they are on, is bringing in some decent money, and a 1st round proper tie could really boost the coffers, which in turn, could bring in better players,rather than the normal journeymen.

Money is very tight at Weston,but they have a decent academy which is producing players.

The club decided to utilise the academy,and MB was happy to go with this, it will take time, but also means they aren't throwing money at lower level journeymen semi pros.

The FA cup run that they are on, is bringing in some decent money, and a 1st round proper tie could really boost the coffers, which in turn, could bring in better players,rather than the normal journeymen.

Thanks to Port Said and Portland Bill for these messages. :)

How are Clevedon doing without Ding Dong?

Their academy set up is actually pretty poor. There are some good plans going forward, but at the moment its a money spinner for the college and has very little in terms of scouting and quality coaches, mostly the players forced to take teams despite not having sufficient coaching qualifications.

There's a chance that going forward it could be improved massively, the trouble at Weston is money. Bliss has lost interest and that has meant that the budget has fallen year on year (Laird left for those reasons having done a pretty brilliant job there) Get the investment right in the academy and the coaching then the club could actually sustain conference or League 2 football. There is potential for bigger gates there for sure. 

Archived