IGNORED

Question About Stewards

dragonreds

im diabetic and my condition has got worse and ive changed my medication. With my new medication a side affect is it can cause hypos and I need to carry a bottle of lucozade on me at all times.

will I have a problem getting it in or will it be confiscated on the gate or will I have a argument every time we have a game of are the stewards aware.

im diabetic and my condition has got worse and ive changed my medication. With my new medication a side affect is it can cause hypos and I need to carry a bottle of lucozade on me at all times.

will I have a problem getting it in or will it be confiscated on the gate or will I have a argument every time we have a game of are the stewards aware.

Do you carry a medical card with you?

Difficult one to call with stewards, there are good ones that would understand and those that just follow the rules in black and white. Personally, I would make it known to a senior steward upon arrival that you have the bottle with you to control your diabetes rather than walking up to the turnstyles and risk running into a jobsworth.

Dolly would probably know the score, but I can't imagine you getting any grief if you explain the situation.

I take bottled drinks in all the time with no problem.

Might be worth you getting a medical ID bracelet or something, in case you do become unwell, so they can treat you quicker.

Thanks dolly. Had it 2 years now but it's getting worse. I don't need treatment if I hypo just lucozade. The chances of me hypo are remote but as I drive for a living I'm bound by regs as I'm on this medication and the carriage of glucose liquids is one. Hopefully in a month or so I can stabilise and go back to my normal no hassle medication. Needless to say after my latest diagnosis I'm bricking it a little.

See what happens tues.

I always go into the Dolman with a bottle of Diet Coke without any problems. A sausage roll once caused a problem as there was a suspicious bulge in my trousers!

Stewards prolly thought you were pleased to see them - I can't imagine why :o

Archived