IGNORED

Just Back...

cityexile

To Mk.

Great day out.

Large crowd, scored at the right times. Like a lot of our games, thought there were no real stages we were entirely dominant, but scored decent goals.

Flint for me immense, Fielding arguably the slightly busier goalie and did well. Agard and Wilby worked hard, late assist from JET.

Great great crowd, Divvy had us bouncing around the ground (clapped by home fans), and a fat home belly at the end.

We're Bristol City, we're top of the league!

Great day and fantastic support especially in the 54th minute (one day we will score during that time...please). Pack was excellent in the first half and deserved his goal but understandably faded in the 2nd. Agree that Freeman was MOM just infront of Flintoff. Agard did a huge amount of closing down as he was furthest forward most of the game and tired as a result but got his poacher goal and that is all that counts. The game was always going to be a potential banana skin as Cov and their manager are under some pressure and they did look an ok side but only ok. Apart from 10 mins after they scored we were very, very comfortable and didnt have to play well to win. They only threatened our goal a handful of times whereas we had 5/6 shots on target and scored 3. If they had gone up the other end and scored a second we would have popped a 4th in. I  wouldn't say it was easy but it wasn't far off. We do look a very good team and with the luxury of bringing one of the most gifted players in this league off the bench to play just 5 mins of football but also make such an immediate impact, we must be some scary outfit to play against. COYR's 

Well done to all that went. Can't help but feel it would have been even better experience with a decent home crowd.

A lot have said "fair play" to the home crowd. Most of them appeared to be shopping or at the cinema so can't agree.

Agree with that, but not long ago we were in a worse position, going along out of duty more than enjoyment, expecting to get beat. Its not great fun, so think we meant fair play to those still going. I am somewhat shocked however how far their crowds have dropped.

Great away day today, good performance matched by the 3,800 fans who made decent noise throughout.

The most pleasing thing is seeing a team where every individual knows exactly what is expected of them. I think Cotterill deserves huge credit in the way he has built this side. He has bought in players to fill a specific role in the side and not just gone out and bought a load of players and then try to find the best formation.

Cotterill decided to go with the 3-5-2 formation and bought in some key players in the summer including Freeman, Ayling, Little and Wilbs. The wing backs are key to this formation and Little looks a fantastic find, gets up and down the right side really well and is decent attacking aswell as defending, likewise Bryan on the other side who has really made the LWB role his own. He seems to glides past players and has a amazingly good jump on him winning most headers against taller players. The midfield covers the wingbacks well when they lose the ball high up in the pitch, Elliot was especially good at this today. I think the best and most important signing of the summer was of Luke Freeman, the energy he gives us in the role behind the 2 strikers really completes the balance of our team. He wins alot of flick ons and second balls in midfield and isn't shy of a tackle, the way he takes the ball out of defensive areas of the pitch and takes the pressure off the defence is different class and if we don't gain promotion this season we'll do very very well to keep him here.

A very pleasing away performance which we seemed to win without ever going out of second gear. Although the one criticism if there is one is the way we seem to sit on a lead rather than go and try to extend it. It is understandable sitting back abit while winning 2-0 away from home, but if this is the cause i think Cotterill should bring on JET earlier as he offers a real threat on the counter attack. Wilbs doesn't seem to offer much when we are sitting on a lead and often looks tired in the last 30 minutes. JET offers us so much and i don't think we are taking advantage of the fantastic talent that he is.

Talking of JET, I know he can be a liability, but who else can play people in like he did at Cheltenham an again today? He doesn't just pass it, but draws defenders in and times the pass perfectly.

I would love to see him on with twenty to go. When we sit back, we do not actually look that great on the break. In those games, I am sure he would add a lot.

Also agree with Enoch's insightful report. I've only been able to see a few games this season but am also very impressed with Freeman. He has very good control, quick feet and able to run and beat players down the middle which is great skill to have at this level - must be a nightmare for any ageing league 1 centre backs. Also fits well with the higher tempo and pace the younger players are bringing to the team, the number of times we won the ball back by hunting in two's and three's is really good to see and is creating chances when we do it high up the pitch.

As said elsewhere, the atmosphere was brilliant and although I didn't know Divvy, the t-shirts and songs were an amazing tribute. Also the guy on the POTD turnstile was a top bloke and let my two kids 5&7 in for free - only condition was we had to squeeze through the turnstile in one go!!

Went today-first away match for three years. Great atmosphere from our lot, amazing attendance (at our end.....not theirs) and another match where we've scored three. 

Only complaint about the game was our reluctance to kill off the match in the second half, almost seemed to invite them to pull one back. However the performance was professional, the goals well taken and we're still unbeaten and top of the league!

Final thought? The Ricoh is ******* soulless.....(apart from 3,700 Cidereds)

Archived