IGNORED

Wade Elliot

Who Are Rovers?

Seeing that Wade Elliot has come under some criticism over the last few weeks, I thought he was superb today.

With Smith being injured, it seems he was given the role in which he exceeded in last season, which is now Smith's role.

Watching him today made me notice similarities in what Liverpool have done with Gerrard as he as got older, playing him deeper, to break up the play, and use his passing to full effect.

Just a bit of recognition to him for his performance, as I thought he was well and truly back to his best.  

I think it's partially because of the change this year. Last year the team struggled and he was outstanding, head and shoulders above most of the team. This year everyone is stepping up and his work may not be as obvious , or if he drops slightly below his standards it's more noticeable.

He's a nasty piece of work.  And I love that about him.

I mean he doesn't mind making sure the opposition know he's about and the ball doesn't have to be around!

Also, did anyone see him talking to Wes Burns during the Chesterfield game when Wes had screwed up for their second goal?

He seemed to be really having a long talk with Wes. For all our recent previous captains (Baldock, Fontaine, Elliot etc), I can't recall any of them actually talking to a player after they'd messed up.

He's a nasty piece of work.  And I love that about him.

I mean he doesn't mind making sure the opposition know he's about and the ball doesn't have to be around!

Also, did anyone see him talking to Wes Burns during the Chesterfield game when Wes had screwed up for their second goal?

He seemed to be really having a long talk with Wes. For all our recent previous captains (Baldock, Fontaine, Elliot etc), I can't recall any of them actually talking to a player after they'd messed up.

Too right ! and yes I did , standout captain

Ok, I won't hide.. I have criticised him on here a bit, but just making points that he could be doing better.. for me he hasn't hit the form of his loan spell yet, but today he was class, he is genuinely a class player and seems a top guy off the pitch, and I'm delighted he's captain.. I'll wait for those slaps :)

He was excellent today along with Flint and Freeman.If we are to bring in Older players then Wade and Wilbraham are examples of the way to do it. Players that work hard, are examples to the younger players and contribute as much as anyone else in the team. We have had several in the last few years who have not been any of these things and now our more experienced players are the right kind we are seeing the difference it can make.

Not sure why he would be criticised? I mean it's not like he's had a terrible game, he's been consistent all season and a great leader but even when we are top some fans will still want to moan about something or someone so it's no surprise they've gone for the oldest player.

Keep it up Wade! You're doing a great job, as are the rest of the team!

Archived