IGNORED

Worrying For Other Teams

Super

Pboro is a game I dread. I'd almost be tempted to put the academy out there - all they will be intent on doing is injuring as many of our first team top performers as possible. Vile club, banker of a manager and a dump of a ground.

get the feeling that this city squad / team will rise to all challenges , and come out on top ,

I sense and see a hunger / desire , I sense a mental strength,

I see a team full of winners , in most positions , best in league 1 ,

Cotts has put this in place, as a man manager he is superb ,

He must command huge respect from his players ,

as they all to a man , would run through brick walls for him .

Pboro is a game I dread. I'd almost be tempted to put the academy out there - all they will be intent on doing is injuring as many of our first team top performers as possible. Vile club, banker of a manager and a dump of a ground.

I would certainly play Flint, El Abd and Wilbraham as an indication that we are ready for Mutual Assured Destruction :o

We are not the pussies we were last year :)

get the feeling that this city squad / team will rise to all challenges , and come out on top ,

Commeth the next lottery, what numbers do you see?!

And for the Gas, where be thy fate?

Is this a poem?

" to a man , would run through brick walls for him" and each other .

I would certainly play Flint, El Abd and Wilbraham as an indication that we are ready for Mutual Assured Destruction :o

We are not the pussies we were last year :)

and Jet. one of the portishead team tried to hassle and contain him,one swift nudge from Jet and the lad was flat on his arse,wasnt a dive either,just a quick 'you got no chance sonny'

If we are going to tonk someone we need to be 4 or 5 up by half time. There hasn't been a game yet where we've gone in at half time 1 or 2 up and really gone for it in the 2nd half.

You sound like you aren't happy with the way this season has been going...!

Is that for me there is so much more to come from this team. I don't think we have hit top form and put in a complete performance yet this season. Anyone else think this?

Have to agree. I think we've been very efficient, organised and confident without hitting top form yet. Really looking forward to Tuesday! Bring on Bradford!

If we are going to tonk someone we need to be 4 or 5 up by half time. There hasn't been a game yet where we've gone in at half time 1 or 2 up and really gone for it in the 2nd half.

As Cotts said they were conserving their very selves for a busy week and they stepped up a gear when they had to .

Still would have been nice to "tonk" someone with 3 goals ,oh wait !

Totally agree. Someone will get a real pasting sooner or later, goals coming from all over the pitch and an understanding of everyone's job. Happy days!

I am going to swim against the tide a little, and say right at the moment, if there is a disappointment, it is that we are not pushing on when ahead.

Most of our last half a dozen games have play wise been pretty even. Its like there is a period of even play, then we score! Great habit to get in to, but we are not dominating teams. Yesterday was a case in point, were we were pretty happy to let the second half drift, until they scored. To tonk somebody we need to push on. I do not mind us sitting back a bit at a couple up, but should be retaining a much bigger threat on the break, which suddenly we did when JET came on.

Hardly a moan given the league at the moment, more an observation. It is getting greedy, but hopefully there is still more in this team.

You sound like you aren't happy with the way this season has been going...!

No no, of course I'm happy with how it's going. Its just having sat through Walsall away, 2 points dropped at fleetwood and wes burn's winner last weekend papering over the cracks, I for one am not getting carried away as some city fans are.

Let's look where we are. Brilliant unbeaten start to the season , and I agree with the thoughts we can do even better.... BUT !

We are , if the chasing teams win their games in hand , 3 points clear. Yes , I would rather have the points on the board but we've achieved nothing yet. 

Swindon's form over the last few games matches ours and P'boro are close behind. I'm hoping that we go to Swindon unbeaten (and the game is on the Saturday) ,  put on a show and  open up a proper gap.

Exactly my thoughts too. They will obviously try and get the 3 points, at the same time trying to put as many of our players onto crutches as they can. Wasn't it against Peterborough that Cunningham got that nasty injury that put him out for ages and also started our demise to league 1. 

Marlon Pack and Wagstaff said as much on RB last night.

Archived