IGNORED

Barnsley Away

REDOXO

Utter rubbish, we've got the penines on our doorstep which bring beautiful countryside and lovely market towns. I moved from the south up north and wouldn't go back if you paid me.

Like everywhere you have good and bad parts but to say the North is grim, that's ridiculous.

I didn't, I said Stockport, Oldham, Rochdale, Ashton, Swinton and Eccles were.  Some of the places you need to get through to get to the Pennines.  I am well aware of what the North has to offer, I have a lot of family there and I am a regular visitor.  5 minutes out of Bristol and you are in beautiful countryside whichever direction you go - that isn't true of Manchester.

Just to let everyone know who s driving is to leave plenty of time as the whole M1 section of the journey will be at 40-50mph its one of those soul destroying central reservation works and managed motorway jobbys and yes the cameras do work as a few guys in work have had tickets. Some have even been sent tickets for doing over 50 when no speed is being indicated on the overhead sign , they have had to try and get sense out of the highways agency to take look but they still havent heard back yet and it was a couple of months ago. I guess next they will get summons for an unpaid fine ..thats the way this country works.

Archived