IGNORED

Power And The Glory........and No Sign Of Lady Godiva

where's the joy

we set off and had a good bit of grub at the rose and crown in warwick before getting straight into a windy ricoh arena, where a proper big city crew reminded me of bouncing around the ground in a 2-0 away win under johnson at reading.

coventry were outfought, out manoeuvred and outrun by a powerful city side who never gave them a moments rest. we chased and harried without being dirty and mark little put in a super shift.

every so often elliott would put in a clever disguised pass and i thought pack played well and took his goal with relish.

while we are still not the finished article in terms of maintaining possession; we don't let the opponents keep the ball either because we hunt them down so quickly, shades of mourinho in this tactic.

after watching cheesley, ritchie, gow and merrick get us out of the old second division to the promised land all those years ago this is the next best thing in terms of unity.

would still like to see teams killed off by attacking subsitutions in the last twenty minutes, rather than JET on in the 91st. but 3 goals a game as an average means I'm just being greedy

the 54th minute brought a tear to most eyes as we applauded mark saunders and bless them the coventry fans joined in

thank goodness for lansdown as without his support we could be as bankrupt as the sky blues

all in all a great day out 

we set off and had a good bit of grub at the rose and crown in warwick before getting straight into a windy ricoh arena, where a proper big city crew reminded me of bouncing around the ground in a 2-0 away win under johnson at reading.

coventry were outfought, out manoeuvred and outrun by a powerful city side who never gave them a moments rest. we chased and harried without being dirty and mark little put in a super shift.

every so often elliott would put in a clever disguised pass and i thought pack played well and took his goal with relish.

while we are still not the finished article in terms of maintaining possession; we don't let the opponents keep the ball either because we hunt them down so quickly, shades of mourinho in this tactic.

after watching cheesley, ritchie, gow and merrick get us out of the old second division to the promised land all those years ago this is the next best thing in terms of unity.

would still like to see teams killed off by attacking subsitutions in the last twenty minutes, rather than JET on in the 91st. but 3 goals a game as an average means I'm just being greedy

the 54th minute brought a tear to most eyes as we applauded mark saunders and bless them the coventry fans joined in

thank goodness for lansdown as without his support we could be as bankrupt as the sky blues

My employers are Coventry based.

Yesterday, some of our directors and a number of the staff were in attendance.

They have all read up about S.L., and they are all fully aware about the mistakes he has made. To a man, even before the game yesterday, they have all told me how envious they are, and all believe we are finally "on the up".

Where's The Joy - sounds like you've found the joy, mate. Good post.

Archived