IGNORED

Credit Where It's Due

Red Homer

I recently wrote on the Q&A section regarding children's home shirts.

Its my daughters 7th birthday today and she had asked for the home shirt as a present. All that was in stock was the away shirt, which I cant see us wearing.

The informative reply from Dave L would have been enough for me, but he went that extra step and asked for my daughters name and address to see if he could sort something out to make up for her disappointment at not getting the shirt she wanted.

Seeing her face this morning as she opened her parcel to find a Bristol City money box and a birthday card has made my day - I would have been perfectly happy with the explanation on the shirts front, but to actually send something to her was a really good gesture; they definitely have a fan for life in her now!

As I said in the title, credit where its due!

Dave - if you get a chance to read this, I have a birthday coming up soon and would really like the purple and lime shirt, so as its unavailable a half season ticket for the platinum seating would certainly make up for it! In all seriousness though. Thank you for your kind gesture - the card is now taking pride of place in her bedroom and she has already asked if she can move all her money into her new money box!

Well played Dave, I'm sure that is something Homer's daughter (Lisa!?) will never forget

I can remember for my 5th bday, an Aunty managed to get me Glenn Hoddle's autograph (he was my boyhood idol), 36 years later I can still remember opening the letter and finding it there

I recently wrote on the Q&A section regarding children's home shirts.

Its my daughters 7th birthday today and she had asked for the home shirt as a present. All that was in stock was the away shirt, which I cant see us wearing.

The informative reply from Dave L would have been enough for me, but he went that extra step and asked for my daughters name and address to see if he could sort something out to make up for her disappointment at not getting the shirt she wanted.

Seeing her face this morning as she opened her parcel to find a Bristol City money box and a birthday card has made my day - I would have been perfectly happy with the explanation on the shirts front, but to actually send something to her was a really good gesture; they definitely have a fan for life in her now!

As I said in the title, credit where its due!

Dave - if you get a chance to read this, I have a birthday coming up soon and would really like the purple and lime shirt, so as its unavailable a half season ticket for the platinum seating would certainly make up for it! In all seriousness though. Thank you for your kind gesture - the card is now taking pride of place in her bedroom and she has already asked if she can move all her money into her new money box!

Total respect!

BTW does Steve Lansdown have a BCFC money-box? A BIG one, obviously...

All credit, that's a great gesture.

I've been a vocal critic of David, and I think a lot of that criticism has been justified. But here, he's done marvellously and this is the kind of service that can create fans for life.

Did he not get you that Liveprool shirt you dearly wanted?

Archived