IGNORED

Football Manager 2015

Redarmy987

Playing as Wealdstone. Top of the league in March and looking set for promotion into the conference.

Managed to pick up Darren Ambrose (in a bank-breaking deal) to play as my false 9 feeding Jordan Palmer-Samuels and a youth player on either wing as my inside forwards.

The match engine in the lower leagues is horseshit, unfortunately. I celebrated my first 0-0 draw like a win as it was finally a realistic result. In March I have already scored well over 100 goals in all competitions whilst conceding 70. Still, all good fun. The early years are all about gaining promotions and funding the facilities. Then when my youth system is worth its salt I'll be challenging for champions leagues!

Playing as Wealdstone. Top of the league in March and looking set for promotion into the conference.

Managed to pick up Darren Ambrose (in a bank-breaking deal) to play as my false 9 feeding Jordan Palmer-Samuels and a youth player on either wing as my inside forwards.

The match engine in the lower leagues is horseshit, unfortunately. I celebrated my first 0-0 draw like a win as it was finally a realistic result. In March I have already scored well over 100 goals in all competitions whilst conceding 70. Still, all good fun. The early years are all about gaining promotions and funding the facilities. Then when my youth system is worth its salt I'll be challenging for champions leagues!

You're aware it's a game I assume?! Have you got a Liverpool game going yet? How many times have you hit the woodwork?

Started with City this weekend following the full release, playing 2-2-3-2-1 (2 CB, 2 wing backs, 3 CM, 2 inside forwards and a F9), playing the ball around really well, and JET is killing as the F9, headers, long shots, assists, the mans a machine. Winning games by 2 goals currently, really enjoying the new layout and having the purple kit!

Signed Isgrove from Saints, Campbell from Newcastle, some attacking midfielder/winger from Castilla (Real Madrid B) on loan and Stephen McQuinn from Sheff Utd and some Finnish GK on permanents. McQuinn is great, bosses the midfield with Elliot and Smith. Transfer fees are sensible for once and it seems players are more likely to sign on loan from prem clubs for experience.

Saying that El-Ebd is my best defender, Flint cries and requests a transfer every time I criticize him and wonders why I fine him for missing training. Also Guardiola got sacked by bayern after 3 months, so it can't be totally realistic!

What other formations are working for people? Are clubs pestering you for Morrell/Bishop as well? Anyone found any great lower league players for peanuts?

Started with City this weekend following the full release, playing 2-2-3-2-1 (2 CB, 2 wing backs, 3 CM, 2 inside forwards and a F9), playing the ball around really well, and JET is killing as the F9, headers, long shots, assists, the mans a machine. Winning games by 2 goals currently, really enjoying the new layout and having the purple kit!

Signed Isgrove from Saints, Campbell from Newcastle, some attacking midfielder/winger from Castilla (Real Madrid B) on loan and Stephen McQuinn from Sheff Utd and some Finnish GK on permanents. McQuinn is great, bosses the midfield with Elliot and Smith. Transfer fees are sensible for once and it seems players are more likely to sign on loan from prem clubs for experience.

Saying that El-Ebd is my best defender, Flint cries and requests a transfer every time I criticize him and wonders why I fine him for missing training. Also Guardiola got sacked by bayern after 3 months, so it can't be totally realistic!

What other formations are working for people? Are clubs pestering you for Morrell/Bishop as well? Anyone found any great lower league players for peanuts?

its been the best FM game so far imo,

Players really get pissy if you turn down bids from bigger clubs, young wes burns is my goal machine playing him as an advanced forward with Wilbs as a Target man, (the two arsenal kiddys are injured),

I do like the touch line instructions, jus managed to turn round a game against Notts County when I was 3-0 down at half time to a 3-3 draw, gave them a rollocking brought on smith and reid for freeman and elliot as they weren't defending, and boom the team reacts,

Really enjoying it at the moment, not really found any hidden gems yet

4231 appears to be the best formation for us from what I've seen in various places.

Fielding

Ayling El-Abd Williams Cunningham

Smith Elliott

Agard JET Freeman

Wilbraham

Worked for me at the start of the season, then brought in Bamford, Hutchinson etc

I always treat my first game on the basis if a club I want to go to offers me a job I'd take it, so when Fulham offered me their job after 13 games in or so during the second season after being promoted I took it. Looking for play offs minimum with them so moving up quicker than I would have with City.

4231 appears to be the best formation for us from what I've seen in various places.

Fielding

Ayling El-Abd Williams Cunningham

Smith Elliott

Agard JET Freeman

Wilbraham

Worked for me at the start of the season, then brought in Bamford, Hutchinson etc

I always treat my first game on the basis if a club I want to go to offers me a job I'd take it, so when Fulham offered me their job after 13 games in or so during the second season after being promoted I took it. Looking for play offs minimum with them so moving up quicker than I would have with City.

Agard is best deployed on the right wing,

For once I'm doing okay on my go. Just won the JPT, beat Man Utd at Old Trafford in the league cup and currently top of the league after clawing back Rochdales 10 point lead. All this playing 352.

Little has been fantastic for me, contributing 10 goals and something daft like 15 assists. (Having said that he just got injured and out for most of the run in) Flint has been a rock. Freeman is great and JET is top scorer with 22 so far but going through a lean patch. Can't get much out of Wilbs or Wes though. My main problem has been players complaining they aren't in the side when I'm on long unbeaten runs.

Had a very productive first season with City

Started with 4-2-3-1

Fielding

Ayling Flint Williams Cunningham

Reid Smitth

Burns JET Freeman

Agard

Burns played well at the start and got 15 goals in the first 20 games then got injured and Wagstaff came in and scored 16 goals himself.

I found Agard played best up top and scored 34 goals in 36

Also Freeman is a freekick genius and scored 21 goals himself

Won the league with 102 points and also won the JPT with my second team of

Fielding

Little El-Abd Osbourne O'Connell Bryan

Grimes Pack Munoz

Wilbraham Agard

Wilbs got himself 15 goals coming on from the bench and starting in the JPT

Update- Played 6 games in the Championship got 1 point and was sacked. 

PS. Anyone looking for  good young team to manage  try Stalybridge in the Conf. North

Had a very productive first season with City

Started with 4-2-3-1

Fielding

Ayling Flint Williams Cunningham

Reid Smitth

Burns JET Freeman

Agard

Burns played well at the start and got 15 goals in the first 20 games then got injured and Wagstaff came in and scored 16 goals himself.

I found Agard played best up top and scored 34 goals in 36

Also Freeman is a freekick genius and scored 21 goals himself

Won the league with 102 points and also won the JPT with my second team of

Fielding

Little El-Abd Osbourne O'Connell Bryan

Grimes Pack Munoz

Wilbraham Agard

Wilbs got himself 15 goals coming on from the bench and starting in the JPT

Update- Played 6 games in the Championship got 1 point and was sacked.

PS. Anyone looking for good young team to manage try Stalybridge in the Conf. North

How have you managed to complete a whole season already ? It takes me 2 hrs just to complete a week or 2 of it.

Has anyone managed to play long enough to know whether any of City's players actually become genuinely good?

I've not completed a season yet, but Ayling, Williams and Bryan seem like they'll make at least the step up to the Championship.

P.s. Loan Ezequiel Rescaldani from Atletico Malagueno (Malaga B) - Top striker.

Has anyone managed to play long enough to know whether any of City's players actually become genuinely good?

I've not completed a season yet, but Ayling, Williams and Bryan seem like they'll make at least the step up to the Championship.

P.s. Loan Ezequiel Rescaldani from Atletico Malagueno (Malaga B) - Top striker.

I am in my 2nd season in the premier league after 2 straight promotions (Won a playoff final stealing last playoff spot on the final day in the championship)

Reid if played continuously becomes a gem. Alying and Fielding also become worth a fair chunk, fielding more so both worth 4-5million. Smith is worth 6.6million as I sit mid table in the premier league. Bryan and Williams although improving still has seemed to become slow growth players but both worth 2.5mill and 3.4mill respectively. 

I found Burns stats were steadily increasing but never really became good enough to challenge my starting line-up when in the championship.

JET I kept around and he seems to stay as he is, doesn't increase nor decrease but always seems to have great games for me when used 7.30 Average rating over all the seasons. 

In my second season with City. Now in the Championship after going up as champions of league one. League one was easy in the end. Didn't sign anyone. Played

Fielding

Little/Ayling Flint Williams Cunningham

Smith

Pack/Elliot Reid/Morrell

Agard Freeman

Wilbraham

Morrel and Reid were revelations. Although Morrell couldn't cut it in the championship. My championship side is

Fielding

Little Blackett Williams Cunningham

Smith

Bannan Ryan Mason (on loan)

Cotterill Freeman

Agard/Rantie

Had a guy called Pozo on loan from Man City who was quality but just got injured. Now out for 4 months. In January and i'm 15th. Inconsistency is costing us! Agard's top goalscorer with 15 goals. Most came from AMR but as I lost Pozo I had to stick him up front so I brought Dave Cotterill back and Rantie from Bournemouth as a backup striker.

Freeman is definitely the best player we got on the game though!

Got promoted to the Championship by winning League one by 18pts and having a total of 100pts over the season, Will Keane on loan from Man U bagged 33 goals from 39, next top scorer was JET with 13

Now in the Championship and have bought in 8 players all on a free

Martinez - Arsenal

Danny Wilson - Hearts

Lloyd Isgrove - Southampton

Maya Yoshida - Southampton

Matt Grimes - Exeter

Will Keane - Man U

Marcello Trotta - Fulham

Issah Osbourne - Free

Also brought in Todd Kane, Loftus-Cheek Lewis Baker all on loan

Currently playing;

Martinez

Kane Yoshida Wilson Bryan

Isgrove Pack Osborune Freeman

Keane Trotta

Good squad! Looked at Will Keane scout said he wasn't good enough. He was wrong then! How you doing in the championship?

I think ability/potential vary slightly from game to game.

Reid/Pack who some of you guys play were rubbish on my game, but then again, typical realistic football manager I signed Pablo Aimar first season and he tore it up.

To the guy in 2020, that is a lot of game time...

Best formation stupidly in this day and age is a flat 4-4-2. Play Structured and Controlled at home or when you are much better than the opposing team and Flexible and counter when away or you are massive underdogs. Follow this formula and as soon as your team adjusts to this formation you will win almost any league with a few good signings.

Absolute bargains for City for the start of the game by the way are Pavel Savitsky - Belarus - 2 Caps sign him without work permit and he gets it on fisrt re application costs 80k and goes world beater.

and Tariq Humam - Iraqi International 18 years old 15 Caps - also goes world beater for roughly 200k.

Can both sign with City first season.

Let me know how you get on.

Archived