IGNORED

Oldham Fan Here, Ready For Next Week

armin_tamzarian

Im really looking forward to my visit to Ashton Gate next week. It should be a great advert for league one football. 2 sides who go for it, try to score goals and play football in the right way.

We have a few ex Bristol players:

James Wilson: Since signing he has been the most consistant player at the club. I know you are top, but Ill be shocked if you have 2 more comfortable centre backs. The lad is class at this level. To get him on a free is an absolute steal.

Liam Kelly: He started this season as a bit if a "boo boy". People on his back, but he has got better with every game. Wins it, keeps it moving, has a shot, I really like him.

Brian Wilson: really consistant, but was injured on tuesday. We won 4-1 so didnt get his place back today. I suspect he will play next week though.

Other players to look for: Mike Jones. Signed on a free from Crawley as he wanted to move back up here. They liked him. The best midfielder we have had since Wellens on current form. Beats people, picks a pass and puts on a wicked dead ball. Compliments Kelly really well.

And obviously Forte: 11 goals in 14 games for him. Half the time he has been played on the wing too. Ibhere has freed him up to get in the box. 6 in his last 5 starts. Looks like he is going to score every game at the moment.

We are playing very well, but next week is a massive step up in class. Ill take a point now, but I hope we go for it. You are obviously a very goid side, but we shouldn't fear you. It has all the makings of an excellent game.

Enjoy you're time down here mate but not too much! Looking forward to seeing a mixed bag of Ex City as well as Mr Average AKA Lee Johnson! James Wilson looked promising but had a few injuries as did Kelly.

One final thing... Enjoy a Thatchers Gold when you're down here! Unless you're driving of course :P

LJ is doing a stunning job there as Oldham have one of the lowest budgets in L1.

Surprised to see you describe James Wilson as "class" as he was error prone here and also seemed to lack motivation. The move has obviously worked out well for him.

I can see you having a lot of success next week if I'm honest. We're on the cusp of a defeat I think.

Reading this board, your fans seem more scared of our team than we are of you. I am surprised. I expected to see you all really pleased.

I think we see this as a great opportunity, a shot to nothing. If we lose, we lose, its a game we are not expected to get anything from. We are well ahead of where we thought we would be. No pressure.

You probably have more pressure on you. Its at this point of the season when it stops being a good start. Expectation goes up. You are now there to be shot at, people are mentioning Promotion.

Its a long season... You are undefeated, top and on paper have the best squad in the division.

Enjoy it!

Reading this board, your fans seem more scared of our team than we are of you. I am surprised. I expected to see you all really pleased.

I think we see this as a great opportunity, a shot to nothing. If we lose, we lose, its a game we are not expected to get anything from. We are well ahead of where we thought we would be. No pressure.

You probably have more pressure on you. Its at this point of the season when it stops being a good start. Expectation goes up. You are now there to be shot at, people are mentioning Promotion.

Its a long season... You are undefeated, top and on paper have the best squad in the division.

Enjoy it!

Nothing short of perfection is acceptable by most of here, anything less and its classified as failure. We have a god given right to beat everyone.

Our matches against MK Dons and Chesterfield lived up to expectations so hopefully so will next Saturday.

Smith was capable. On his day he was excellent, but too often he was too deep. Kelly looks like a more complete player at the moment, but Jones is much better than who Smith had as help last year.

We had Tarkowski at the back last year, now at Brentford and I wouldnt have him back for Wilson. Since he has been with us he has had 2 iffy games. Otherwise he has been excellent. I had heard he didn't catch at your place, sometimes a move is what a player needs.

Im yet to see us win at Ashton gate. My five previous trips have seen us draw twice (last year and a 0-0 about 7 years ago)

Lost 2-0 on a tuesday in 2003. We both got to the play offs, but we were awful that night. You deserved a win. It was feb and it was our first away defeat.

Lost 5-1 on a tuesday. Lita got 3 and it was grim.

Lost 3-0... Cant remember it as I was very pissed.

I'm due to see us win there

Oldham have impressed since a shaky start and are very much on the up. However, they are not so positive on their travels and have not won away since August. Lee will set them up to make life difficult for us so we will have to be patient and take our chances and watch them on the break. Fully expect us to get back to winning ways though.  

Im yet to see us win at Ashton gate. My five previous trips have seen us draw twice (last year and a 0-0 about 7 years ago)

Lost 2-0 on a tuesday in 2003. We both got to the play offs, but we were awful that night. You deserved a win. It was feb and it was our first away defeat.

Lost 5-1 on a tuesday. Lita got 3 and it was grim.

Lost 3-0... Cant remember it as I was very pissed.

I'm due to see us win there

stay away :) please :)

However, they are not so positive on their travels

Sorry, but that isnt accurate. We generally go at teams away from home. Scored 2 at Peterborough, 2 at Swindon, Scored first at Chesterfield. We did draw 0-0 at Notts County, but we have swapped formation since. We try to dominate teams, but since August we have played

PNE (or last defeat)

Doncaster

Notts C

Swindon

Peterborough

Chesterfield

As our away games.

With you guys, Sheff United, Rochdale and MK as our next 4, you could argue we have had the hardest away fixtures all together in a row!

Archived